ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Win 7 folder and ie help

Been running my new set up windows 7 with an i5 750 and 4gb of ram.

All well,

But opening my picture folder; Instead of it all opening straight away it loads in stages and its very anoying. Hard to describe, if i click on one thumbnail others are loading so i end up clicking the wrong thing until its all loaded a few seconds later.

Is there something i have running thats making it do this?

Also another problem i was having on my old build which is sort of why i did this new build.. Although im glad i have..

At the end of the day say its been running 10 hours, In internet explorer if i have a few tabs open and im opening and closing it will take a few seconds to close.. This gets more than annoying as well.

Any help please?

Ive tried Firefox before and ended up back on IE, God knows why its s**t im just used to it, If its IE and theres nothing i can do about it then yeah i might switch to firefox i suppose.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
doens't sound right to me....i run a much slower pc to that and all my tabs opeing and closing are instand, i know that doesn't help specifically but i would suggest something is lagging it. the pic folder thing is the same, simply don't have that issue, is your hdd old or something? is this a fresh build?

I figured it out now from someone simular who was having a problem, Just need to right click> properties the folder, And optomise it for documents, Pictures setting is what was making it lag.

Still cant fix the ie problem, Just restarted this minuite to stop ie lagging at the end of a day.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
i5 and 4gig of ram just shouldn't have problems like that, but thats my opinion, try google chrome if you're after a quick speed fix.

2014 Focus Titanium
Was windows 7 preinstalled on the pc or did you install it from fresh? If so, that could be your problem. Preinstalled OS ftl!

Was a fresh install, Fresh build. Sorted the folder problem which im pleased with.

Really not sure about the IE problem, Just after a few hours of computering, The tabs start taking a few seconds to close.

ValverInBits
have you just installed win 7?

Lots of disk activity? I found my new win 7 install spent ages and ages indexing all my old files before it got up to speed.

2014 Focus Titanium
Hmm, your indexing should have finished now unless you have a massive amount of data on there. Use google chrome, its much faster than IE and better than firefox :D

Edit: Just noticed that on IE it takes a couple of seconds to show the new page of the tab when I open up the tab. Never noticed this before because I don't use IE. Just looks like bad programming to me, Chrome is instant!

Last edited:
  BMW 330ci Clubsport
You might find Google Chrome easier to get use to. I would recommend having a look at that first. But if you go back to IE try clearing your browsing history (Websites, cache etc)