ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Window Tints - Yay or nay?

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Dan Page said:
pussy lmfao

and no tint on the front is legal, anything infront of the B pillar is illegal now.

Yep that's me :D.

Ah well it's only 70%, never been stopped for it (never been stopped for anything actually).

182 RB FF
How many people know or themselves have actually been stopped by police for having dark windows??? Surley its only the jobs worths that do it or the ones that need to get there quota up???

I'd be pissed off, especially when theres much better things they can be doing with there time!

ph1-mk1-1.4, white
What lake is that? Chew Valley?

Gareth said:
it depends on the light with mine, sometimes it can look dark

Wales04.gif

i had the fronts done til i got fined £30 and told to take them off. so i can speak about this ^^

im gettin some clear glass soon and having those 30% tinted to match the backs.

The fronts have a 30% green tint as standard and you cant add any to this as their machine tells them the percent of light let in.

K20 EG Hatch
yes! it is now, although i think most coppers are leniant with lighter tints. I have never been pulled with mine anyway.

Deb182 said:
So is it illegal to have even the lightest tint on the front then?

LY V6 with Recaros
Hmm, not so sure I want to be illegal though, the less reasons to worry about being pulled over the better! It does look nice on yours though Dan! :)

K20 EG Hatch
I honestly dont think you will ever get pulled with tints as light as mine so i would still go for it :p

Black 172 Sport
Brad182 said:
How many people know or themselves have actually been stopped by police for having dark windows???

I was driving around in my BMW for 3 years and had never been stopped once then just before xmas last year i was on my way to work when a police ppl carrier stopped me.

1 copper got out and asked if i knew why i had been stopped (like i'm Mystic Meg or something) then said it was because of my tints (Medium tint).

He went and got his little light meter out and proceeded to check the percentage of light that came through my driver and passenger windows. Your meant to let something like 70% through and mine let 16% through.

He ran all my details through and because i was a good boy he let me off with a caution. I was told to take the tints off there and then or drive with my windows down.

Let me tell you........................ it was cold on the way home. :dapprove:

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
Defo get them done, rip3z is right about the back widow tho.. wait till you try and reverse at night, you'll end up sticking your head out the window! lol

DSCN1153.jpg

i had mine down andy, they know once they have seen the back ones tinted that its highly likely you have the fronts done as well. I know loads of my mates have been stopped in the last 6 months or so. My mate was stopped on the M1 on the way to FCS about 8am and was fined £30.

I am been completely honest, not sure if its the police in Yorkshire that have been told to crack down?? It is an absolute joke. They say its for safety but really they want to see whos driving behind the tinted glass.

Black 172 Sport
eugegall said:
i always tint all my cars. i think they look grrreeeaaatttt!!!!
some dont but i do so i dont care.lol

Not sure if you know fella, but you seem to have an aeroplane on your roof !

Lux'd Glacier White R26
I like tints but not too dark. Gareth, where is Auto Tints? I'm trying to find a place that i can trust to do a good job with window tinting...I'm in Manc...

Tyson.

Clio Campus Sport
imo i dnt think its worth getting the front windows tinted (ive thought long and hard):

1. u mite get the fine of £30
2. u have to get them taken off - £10-20 to get them taken off (some tint companies)
3. u've wasted that £100 u spent on tinting them.