ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windows 10 Now live!

I've been trying that but it won't do it. It still says no updates available

I also downloaded the manual update but it says my cd key is wrong. Possibly because I got a new hard drive

Did you have 7 or 8 before?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
This is going to support cross platform online gaming with the xbox in the near future I believe :).

Clio Trophy
I have installed it, not had to force it though? but i do hop between countries on a VPN, so must have unlocked it. Took about 20mins to install and about 5-10 to set up, Just make sure you dont use Express option, I went through and turned everything off and un ticked all :smiley:

I have installed it, not had to force it though? but i do hop between countries on a VPN, so must have unlocked it. Took about 20mins to install and about 5-10 to set up, Just make sure you dont use Express option, I went through and turned everything off and un ticked all :smiley:

It's a staggered release, so some get it before others, that's all :)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Mine did it this morning.

The fact I haven't noticed must means it's not too bad!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My laptop is saying I can download it, don't think it will beable to run it though, it originally came with windows vista its so old. Runs windows 7 OK though.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
It took me all morning to get it working successfully on my desktop, mostly due to it installing fine and then having issues when trying to start-up after a reboot (INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE), but also had issues with lack of drivers for my SoundBlaster X-Fi which Creative aren't providing until at least October, but thankfully an individual has developed their own version which works perfectly. After coming from 8.1 with update I was planning on forcing 10 to use the full start screen, but actually using it in anger (rather than on a test VM) I'm preferring using the Start menu with Start on it (i.e. as intended).

I'm toying with the idea of upgrading soundcard to one of the newer SoundBlasters that come with the microphone unit as I think Cortana could be worth it.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
My machine is completely unusable. Won't recognise either of my WiFi cards properly, or my normal wired nic. f**king fantastic

SQ5
Currently have a 2009/2010 Dell with Windows 7.

Worth upgrading? I use a lot of programs for work so unsure if it will render those useless.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Attempting to revert back to W7. Its probably fucked my registry up so I doubt any of my apps will work
Reverse seems to have worked (for now)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
It certainly doesn't seem as robust as I would have hoped, if it screws up after I install all of my Steam library I won't be happy!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Internet suggests it may have been a VPN software issue (I have Cisco, Citrix and some other stuff installed). Going to bin that off and see if it works tomorrow. Not impressed thus far.

dk

911 GTS Cab
lol, i'll let you beta testers find the major bugs before i upgrade in a few days, all software is released as a final beta these days, so that the early adopters find the major stuff the closed betas didn't find, nothing better than enticing millions of people to try it to find them.

Apparently this is the last version of windows, not more update service packs either, just lots of regular updates apparently.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
I installed it last night and everything seems to work fine other than the one thing I'm currently using my laptop for, Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines. The game doesn't launch and gives a Directx 5 error. Never got the issue on Windows 7 or 8.1. Tried older drivers, compatibility mode and installing various versions of Directx. I think I'll have to revert back to 8.1 tonight. I've not tested any other games so it could be a wider issue.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
I'm sticking with W7 till it stops being maintained, or till a perfect alternative pops along.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
My only issue at the moment is with Hyper-V management tools and remote administration tools (DNS, AD etc) not wanting to work.

I decided to brave it, downloaded the ISO from MSDN and did the upgrade that way as I got no notification - installed in about 30mins, and seems ok.

VPNs & network connections are working here. Even installed my bluetooth drive that I didn't bother with in win7 lol.

edit: Found my first issue - sound card driver doesn't work properly. It basically sounds super quiet, and there's only treble, on 50% of the audio I try. Fucksake. Reading in the forums a driver isn't due until August, what the f**k. Creative are s**t.

Last edited:
  Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I decided to brave it, downloaded the ISO from MSDN and did the upgrade that way as I got no notification - installed in about 30mins, and seems ok.

VPNs & network connections are working here. Even installed my bluetooth drive that I didn't bother with in win7 lol.

edit: Found my first issue - sound card driver doesn't work properly. It basically sounds super quiet, and there's only treble, on 50% of the audio I try. Fucksake. Reading in the forums a driver isn't due until August, what the f**k. Creative are s**t.

There are alternative drivers as per my post above, works perfectly for my X-Fi: http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=714135

There are others I believe depending on what model you have, I'm thinking of upgrading to a ZxR.

Last edited:
  Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Came across that this morning, doesn't list my ZxR as supported :smile:

However, went into the SB Panel, and it was set to 5.1 (I'm on 2.0) - that seems to have fixed it for now - possibly looks like settings aren't saving each reboot. Which isn't too much of an issue, as I don't reboot!

How do you rate the ZxR out of interest? (Thinking of buying one today), but at £170 for a soundcard its a fair investment.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Creative always seem to have issues with new versions of Windows according to reviews.

I liked the look of W10, but like others have mentioned, would rather wait a week or two at least to see if there are any deal breakers. I'm on W7 Ultimate, are there different versions of Windows10? And does anyone know if you upgrade, whether the W7 key will still work if you install 7 again?

How do you rate the ZxR out of interest? (Thinking of buying one today), but at £170 for a soundcard its a fair investment.

It's not bad, does the job. I mainly got it for the I/O, as I have my Xbox plugged in via Optical (not as if I use the Xbone though), and the external volume control with 2 headphone/mic jacks more than anything.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Upgraded to Win10 Pro from Win7 Ultimate (x64) last night and all is good. Just the nVidia driver issue that was easily fixed. Everything on my system all appears to be working fine (the important stuff - i.e. development software/tools and Steam/games). I'm quite a big fan of Win10 so glad it's now officially released. Let's see what major bugs are uncovered in the coming days...

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
It's not bad, does the job. I mainly got it for the I/O, as I have my Xbox plugged in via Optical (not as if I use the Xbone though), and the external volume control with 2 headphone/mic jacks more than anything.

Ta, just ordered one.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
Happy with it so far other than losing some Synaptics features for my mouse pad so waiting for a new driver to sort that. (missing 4 finger gesture to go to desktop) XBOX streaming working well too.

I manage a small office of 10 machines/laptops all running 8.1. They all downloaded automatically yesterday, and I upgraded them overnight.

I've had a couple of driver issues today (sound cards), but easily sorted.

Two of the laptops (mine and another designer's) have NVIDIA GT755 graphics cards. I've read they are having issues, so I'm holding off upgrading until I know for sure. Unless anyone else has the same GFX?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Getting annoyed with it now tbh, I randomly keep getting BSOD and INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE on startup.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm starting to get more annoyed with it than I am enjoying using it, my HTPC built without issue but now the WiFi adapter only manages circa 350mbps instead of 766mbps, PITA.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I want to go to it but I really can't be arsed with issues, I have enough it issues in my work life to worry about fixing my own s**t.

I really want the multiple desktops though, use that in osx