ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windows 7 Launch Party

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
lol i can't think of anything i'd like to go less.

I can save u a seat if u want....;)

Im not even having it lol.
Altho i will give out the freebie gifts they send along.

I just want a copy of the OS! :eek:

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Darn right god knows who thinks these ideas up but you can't argue with a decent freebie. Not like you need ms to give it to you to get it for free mind ;).

Wudnt know what ur on about! :clown:

Not a 320d
.and soon hosts will be among the first to see, use, and share Windows® 7 with their guests. Each host will be receiving a free party pack that includes a special, Signature Edition of Windows® 7 Ultimate.

BRAWHAWHAWHAWHAW

172 Cup
Anyone apply to host a Windows 7 Launch Party ? lol

http://houseparty.com/windows7/details

I just got my confirmation.....FREE copy of Windows 7 Ultimate :clap:

You realise you do actually have to host a party and demonstrate the featurtes of Windows. And it's not just for your mates either. They choose who attends and send a bunch of strangers round to your house.

My mates done it a few times now.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
You realise you do actually have to host a party and demonstrate the featurtes of Windows. And it's not just for your mates either. They choose who attends and send a bunch of strangers round to your house.

My mates done it a few times now.

How and when?

My party venue is at work LOL

Like to see them send anyone round here! PMSL

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Do you really think Microsoft are stupid enough to give free copy's of their latest OS out because someone "promises" they are gonna have a launch party?

Iceburg 172FF
Got my email the other day, confirmed as a host. Work is my party location and ive 'invited' about 20 people so far. Cant wait for my signature windows 7 ultimate :D

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Just checked term and cons!

One of the party options is "friends and family"

and you can have it in any location you want.....
they dont randomly send anyone to the YOUR party.

This is the first time they have done launch party stuff......

There were only selected amount of hosts chosen, so hence its limited that way, ur only selected if MS choose you to host from your application.

Unless you have heard otherwise Griff?

172 Cup
Unless you have heard otherwise Griff?

I'm in Spain at the moment so I can't exactly recall what's involed but from memory the whole "thing" is run by a media/marketing company on Microsofts behalf. They sent out the original Windows 7 party invites about two weeks ago to those that had taken part before and another batch of emails were sent out this week.

As I said earlier my mates done a similar one, obviously not for Windows 7, and the whole idea behind these parties is you create the venue and they "the media company" supply the guest list matched to your location.

If you can get away with running an event for friends then fair play to you but I wouldn't be surpised if there's a few hurdles to leap across before you see that free copy of Windows 7.

Of course you could just become a MSDN member like me and get it that way without all the hassle ;)

Iceburg 172FF
Got my pack this morning, cant wait to finish work now and have a play with windows 7 :geek:

10433_302489165226_639270226_924343.jpg

Revels Mum & Sister
I have been running the MSDN version for a while now. I am truly impressed! I am liking it very much.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Mines out for delivery as of this morning!

Ive also been running an MSDN version for a while and RC before that.

All looks okay for now :)

Iceburg 172FF
How does it compare speedwise to XP? Ive not even bothered with vista because of all the bad press so its gonna be a big change I think.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
How does it compare speedwise to XP? Ive not even bothered with vista because of all the bad press so its gonna be a big change I think.

Its just as nippy if not nippier lol.

Yer bit of a jump going from XP to 7 but worth it i guess.

Ive got XP running inside 7 and that works well also for my XP bits an bobs.
Try it out on a spare machine before making the jump, might ease u in better lol.

Iceburg 172FF
Sweet. Will be going straight on my main comp tonight, anything that doesnt work will be running in the XP virtual machine.

Bloody fast shipping for that pack, I only got a email from DHL that it was in the states yesterday, wasnt expecting it until at least thursday :)

Citroen DS3 DSport
I installed W7 Ultimate onto my Dell Mini 9 last night, I decided OS X was not the best option for that PC.

Revels Mum & Sister
Sweet. Will be going straight on my main comp tonight, anything that doesnt work will be running in the XP virtual machine.

Bloody fast shipping for that pack, I only got a email from DHL that it was in the states yesterday, wasnt expecting it until at least thursday :)

I have had no issues at all with older software. All runs smooth!

IMO this runs quicker than XP for a lot of tasks. It is a lot more intuitive. I like the Mac esque 'Dock' bar as well. Using Mac's I really appreciate having this.

DCi
i've just put it on my latop, it is pretty good.

virtual pc RC is pants though, alt gr + enter wont work so im going to go back to virtual pc 2007 and see if that is any better

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Mines on the 24th ;)

DHL are re-delivering mine today to my work place lol

Everyone at work will be thrilled to get a Windows 7 tote bag PMSL

Iceburg 172FF
Well ive had it installed for a couple of days and loving the interface and everything seems really snappy. The only issue im having is with internet browsing/download speed. It is appalling with windows 7 but once I boot into XP its fine back up to 10mbit with giganews and browsing is as fast as ever. More than likely a driver issue but so far ive not found any drivers that make a difference :(