ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windows Guru

Clio 1.4 16v
I have a second huge hard drive, is it possible to change the location of the 'My Documents' folder from my Windows drive to my redundant second hard drive. But making it so that all the shortcuts still work??

Merc Coupe V6 AMG
yes it is possible, simple copy it over. you may have to edit some "save file location" in programs e.g. msn for saving recieved images. its a simple task

Clio 1.4 16v
Yeah, I know I can copy it, but I want the Desktop and Start Menu shortcuts for 'My Documents' to still work

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
Try this (backup your registry first!). Open regedit, go to the following key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Currentversion\Explorer\Shell Folders

Here you can change the location of common windows folders. "Personal" is my documents, you should be able to edit this key and move my docs to the new drive.

Right click My Documents

Move the target to the external drive.

That's how you do it :p
It moves My Documents to wherever you want, and the shortcuts al point to it.

You can move Documents and Settings, but that needs a registry change for sure if I remember.

Well, if searching is too hard, I wouldn't suggest moving Documents and Settings.. :p
It'll take longer than a search on Google, heh.

Clio 1.4 16v
I know, but i'm prepared to waste time doing something useless, but at the same time constructive, google searching on the other hand is just plain useless

"Results 1-12 of 19,355,574,346 took 0.7 seconds"
every sinlge one of them shite