ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windows Mobile 7

Citroen DS3 DSport
Anyone else interested to learn more about the Windows Mobile 7 announcement today? I'm hoping that it offers a drastic interface redesign which in turn provides a attractive alternative to the iPhone.

15feb10microsoftou3b46df.jpg

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/15/windows-mobile-7-interface-and-device-leaked-on-mwc-banners/

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I hope it does too. Should get some of these windows fanboys away from iPhones.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Just had a quick browse though the specifics

Its VERY nice looking.

I'm impressed.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Makes the iPhone look dated to say the least.

Lets hope apple have something big due for 4.0

Citroen DS3 DSport
HTC will definitely be releasing some. There are set guidelines that manufacturers must agree to which makes a nice change for WM handsets.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Looks really nice but watched the hands on video on Engadget and it looked slow to get into different apps :(

The OS is still in development and was only running on prototype handsets so it's not going to be perfect but it certainly does show promise of offering a good user experience.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
UI looks quite nice, what's most interesting is that they've seemingly gone the Apple route now, no third party multitasking.

Most importantly though, they are going to control the OS very tightly, so OEM's cannot make massive changes to it - this is where Android fails miserably and why it'll almost certainly stay niche and hacky, manufacturer specific forks of the core.

Certainly a hell of a lot different to the Windows phone I owned many years back.

Better than yours. C*nt.
About time TBH, WM6.5 was a very poor rehash of an OS which was designed as a PDA then fcuked with to turn it into a phone...

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
About time TBH, WM6.5 was a very poor rehash of an OS which was designed as a PDA then fcuked with to turn it into a phone...

Exactly.

It'll be interesting to see SDK to see what makes it tick.

But it finally looks like there is going to be a "non toy" iPhone OS competitor.

(and in other news it looks like Nokia has finally decided that the dead horse known it was flogging known as symbian is what everybody else knew 5 years ago, shite. Maemo which is build on Qt seems to be their future, and Qt is very f**king good development library)

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I have had WM 6 and 6.5 but they were still a tad buggy and not as fun as the Iphone. MY HTC HD does have adequate power but a poor OS?

Wont this new OS just be the same but look nicer?

Better than yours. C*nt.
Nah - that's what WM6.5 was... A pretty face on a dead horse they've been flogging since 2003.

WM7 is supposed to be a ground-up job.