ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windows Vista forgetting wireless network.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Just set up my Grandads BB this morning and it all works fine.

If I restart the computer it connects fine, but if I shut it down, wait an hour, then start it again it doesn't auto connect to the router, and I have to manually do it.

Any advice?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Its a laptop with built in wireless, only software to use is the windows stuff.

Where is the auto option. I have selected to remember the network, and to autoconnect even if it isn't broadcasting its SSID.

I have removed all wifi security before I left, and he has sent me an email this evening so it looks like it might be working ok now. This isn't ideal, and i cant find mac filtering in the routers settings to secure it that way either.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Laptops can still use other WLAN managers! Have a look on the laptop manufactures website and check what drivers they do for that model.

Go to computer management and check the WLAN services are set to automatic. Might be set to manual or something although I doubt it, still worth a check.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'll have a look next time i go, cheers.

It is so much easier on a mac, or even windows 7 to sort out any network problems. Vista is just a hassle.