ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windows XPe

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I’m really confused. We’re purchasing some thin clients to run some manufacturing applications. When we get the thin clients, we;ll also get CF card with XPe preloaded by the manufacturer. We’ll need to change IP addresses and load certain clients etc. Is this possible or is the operating system locked down. I’m told I need to purchase a development kit in order to do this?

Rav4
XPE is windows XP embedded, normally comes on HP thin clients and so on.

It's just a cut down version of XP, it also includes some extra stuff which is handy.

Depends on how you are going to use them and so on.

I take it you guys have citrix/vmware or similar?

Go cry to your momma!
you can make changes, just log into the thin client as admin, unlock the OS, make any changes you need to/can and lock it again :)

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
we are not running vm ware or citrix, its a JIT cluster that the clients will hang off.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
you can make changes, just log into the thin client as admin, unlock the OS, make any changes you need to/can and lock it again :)

This! You just have to commit the changes the the flash card once complete.