ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen removal?

Someone wants my windscreen from the Octavia I'm breaking but not a clue how to remove it. There's no rubber seals on the outside.

How the hell do you remove them?

For the sake of £30 I've offered it at I just dont think it's worth the hassle?

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Cut it out with wire? Guessing it's harder than this video makes out lol.

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
I'm a vehicle mobile glass fitter mate and would say it's more hassle than its worth to do on your own. Octavia screens are bonded in and are rather tightly bonded in at that, in my experience that is. This means it would need to be cheese/piano wired out in order to avoid breakage, or autoglass has a special ratcheting tool they use. I would advise asking your local mobile fitter and see how much they would charge to remove then pass the cost onto the buyer. The buyer will need to employ a fitter anyway as they will need someone to bond the screen to the next car so sensibly it would be an idea to put the two cars side by side and have a fitter come out to cut one out and stick it in the next.