ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen wash, rear wiper, reverse lights, auto wiper and climate control goosed!!!

Malaman172

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172
Hi all i have an electrical issue with the above! Thing is it started with washer not working so i tried the remove washer bottle guide to check motors on pumps that was ok! However went to a local garage and mentioned my issue and they checked the electrical connections to the washer pumps (2). However whilst doing this the guy decided to stick two wires coming from the connection (electrical) to the battery which resulted in some smoke and possibly a buggered RELAY! Thing is after that episode my rear wiper rear reverse lights front auto wipe and climate control now all don't work however i started car today pressed on brake and heaters came on so don't think resistors are goosed! So i'm assuming these components serve on the same circuit so hopefully a relay change may resolve this! Also the smoke episode trigged serv light to come on hence the system knows something is wrong! All i want to know is am i on the right lines and is it worth getting an auto electrician on the job!

182 ff
Re: Windscreen wash, rear wiper, reverse lights, auto wiper and climate control goose

my rear wiper doesn't work, it moves, doesn't spray...if you get yours working, tell me.. was going to say take it back... as they don't know what they are doing.. stay well clear.. once you have gremlins in your electrics it aint good...

Malaman172

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172
Re: Windscreen wash, rear wiper, reverse lights, auto wiper and climate control goose

Anyway i sorted all above apart from windscreen wash! Pumps not working so gonna source a new one! Was just a 15 amp fuse btw! Phew!!!

Malaman172

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172

Managed to sort my problems now! Replaced washer pump and all is good!

Malaman172

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172

Just need to get my hands on a headlight wash pump but not many second hand ones about!