ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

windscreen washer not working

clio 172
had my 172 2 weeks now and the washers not working, where can i get anew pump and how to change it?

also my 172 does not have a rear wiper, is that normal?

bodied 172 Ph1
I had to change my pump last year... I don't know if they change on models, but on my ph1 one pump does both front and back and is situated under the black plastic under the passenger windscreen wiper. Lift the plastic and it should be visible. When I bought a new pump it didn't come with the o-ring to make it water tight and when I pulled my broken one out, the o-ring that was already there fell into the bottle. Be careful or you have to take the bottle out to retrieve it! It's a simple job!

Last edited:
  Renault Sport Clio 182
^ similar thing happend with my mk1 valver, something fell into the bottle, silly question but is there fluid in the bottle? this is a case of no noise when pulling the leaver.