ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen washers not working

Audi RS4
My washer jets have stopped working,the bottles full but the headlight washers are working :S
My rear washer is'nt working either,lol.
I've checked the fuses-all ok.It's not frozen either and there is no 'electrical' noise when I pull the stalk back although my wipers work fine.
Any ideas??

Cheers,Chris.

Audi RS4
Thats what it sounds like,theres no 'whirring noise'
Is it easy to fix?
Bearing in mind I'm a bit cack handed at mechanical problems! lol.

Da

Less
surely if both front and rear washers aren't working then it can't be the motor? Aren't they fed with seperate motors, otherwise both would operate at the same time? :S IMO I would be re-checking fuses, relays etc and the actual feed to the motors to check power is getting there.

Audi RS4
I've checked all the fuses even swapped them around but no joy.
The front ones where a bit hit'n'miss until today when they stopped working completely,bit of a b*****d in this weather when your travelling on the motorway.
The raer one hasn't worked for a week or so.

Da

Less
hmmm...bit of a puzzler really? have you operated the switch whilst outside the car to check for any leaks etc?
I'm in Huddersfield on thursday mate, if you want we can meet up and I'll take a butchers?

Last edited:

Da

Less
yeah doesn't look like that should have had any effect unless it's dislodged/squashed something.
I'll await your PM then mate :)

Single pump twin outlets i think.......................If you cant hear it whine when stalk pulled or rotated got to be the pump or the wiring? On our Scenic its a twin outlet pump located in the osf inner wing, Piece of cake to change but will knacker your knuckles ;)

Da

Less
yeah that's where they're usually located, i just find it baffling that the headlight washers work but the screen ones don't? If it's twin outlets then surely the windscreen should work along with the headlights, unless there's 2 pumps...? hmm...?

think seperate pumps for headlight jets as opposed to washer jets mate but havin a Ph1 im none too sure, follow the cable back from the headlamp washers