ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wing mirror holding bit things.

1992 Mini City
I want to take off the black bits by the wing mirrors, definitely the bits that sit flush with the body, and also, if possible, the bit that surrounds the wing mirror as well.

Can someone tell me how to take them off, and can you keep the wing mirrow on while you're painting them?

Ian

Focus TDCi
You can remove the whole assembly from the inside of the car. On the doors next to the window, take off the triangular-shaped panel that has the manual adjustment lever (or the blank plate if you have electric mirrors), which is a pain to get off, but does just pull off, and then underneath that are three torx bolts holding the mirror assembly on. Seem to recall that one of the bolts is under a plastic grommet, but I may be lying.

As for separating the mirror cap thing, carefully take out the glass (pops out, but is brittle if you're not careful) and then I think it unclips behind there.

1992 Mini City
Ok, seems right, cheers man, and i know how easy it is to get the wing mirror glass out, a small branch removed mine, damn nature.