ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wing mirrors

Renault Clio S
Some kind, considerate person decided that I no longer have any use for my wing mirrors and broke them off the mounts for me last night.

So, colour coded wing mirrors - obviously you can't a complete colour coded mirror and Renault informed me that the replacement glass and mechanism will costs £74 inc. However, a friend of mine recons it's too fiddly to replace the mechanism into my existing colour-coded mirror case and that I should get a patented Renault mirror for around £30 and spray the black casing with the correct colur paint. This seems like an even bigger chore to me?

Anyone been here before?
Thanks in advance.

Renault Clio S
OK, so now thatI've calmed down and read a few more posts on the subject (which I what I should have perhaps done in the first place) I can see that the colour-coloded mirror caps come off easily enough, in which case I'll just get a replacement mirror and mechanism from Renault.

Most peoples opinion is that the cap just 'pulls off' but I've had a go at mine and they seem quite secure. I don't want to be too heavy handed, but is there a recommended way of doing this?

F56 MINI Cooper S
Do you mean the plastic covers over the wing mirrors? If so, they do come off, just get something in between the gap and prize them off. I took mine off tuesday to paint them to my cars colour.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
fold the wing mirror in, then at the part with most corners use a butter knife with a tissue around it, then start to pull it off slowely, you might need a couple more knifes to keep the plastic from clipping back in, then just use 1 knife to right round the whole mirror,

Renault Clio S
Thanks - difficult to fold it in as it's just hanging off by the wires, but i think I get the idea. I'm referring to the front of the mirror casing - the part that's colour-coded to the rest of the bodywork.

My trusty lil 182 :)
^^ yes! I broke a couple of mine but it still holds on fine, or there is plenty of surface to bond it back on if need be. yet to do the other side yet but hoping a more gentl approach will leave the clips intact.