ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

winmail.dat files question please

GR7

Shiny red R32
Someone has just sent me a list of phone numbers etc in a file I can't open and it's "DATwinmail.dat" something or other and I'm hoping you clever techy people can suggest some way of me opening it please. Is there something I can download to enable me to open it? The person who sent it is in Germany so I don't know if that's why or if I don't have the necessary programme to open it with!

Thanks

GR7

Shiny red R32
Can open it with notepad
I just tried that and it's GOBBLEDEGOOK!!!

Richard t   ô  ÷ ø  - ¼ÄïG„w¹ +ó8Uú  - ¼ÄïG„w¹ +ó8Uû  8¡»å¡» +*V mspst.dll NITAù¿¸ ª 7Ùn C : \ D o k u m e n t e u n d E i n s t e l l u n g e n \ M a l c o l m \ L o k a l e E i n s t e l l u n g e n \ A n w e n d u n g s d a t e n \ M i c r o s o f t \ O u t l o o k \ O u t l o o k . p s t  þ 
4ý?  4ý? é‹ 7  7  7ÿÿÿÿ 7  ú @ û @Ý£WE³ @ ü @Ý£WE³  ý þ ÿ  !eq ø  - ¼ÄïG„w¹ +ó8Uú  - ¼ÄïG„w¹ +ó8U þ bì?   ÿÿÿÿ =€

Help!!

GR7

Shiny red R32
the .PST bit in the bit you posted - isn't that some sort of archived email file?

Or am I actually going mad? lol
It's a database of phone numbers and contacts I need for a PR job I do!

There's hundreds of it!!!

Got to go out now and will check it out later.

THANKS AS ALWAYS!!! :)

Are you using a really old mail system? Used to happen when old mail servers sent attachments to newer ones and didn't send them in the correct format.

GR7

Shiny red R32
It's probably because I'm on AOL and maybe because my friend sent it from Germany!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Are you using a really old mail system? Used to happen when old mail servers sent attachments to newer ones and didn't send them in the correct format.

We get this somtimes at work, someone will send through a word doc and it comes through as a .dat file that can't be opened.

It is to do with the mailservers for some reason, can't remember what though.