ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Winter prep for the BurbleBus

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi team.

The BurbleBus has been hardened and readied for winter.

Thanks to the wind/storm we had 2 weeks ago, it's now carrying some battle scars... namely this fcuker..:

10755836545_6d20c78775_c.jpg

.. which fell on to the car. The only damage was this dent which I'll need a pro to push/pull out as it's double skinned there..:

10755926414_17388f262a_c.jpg

10755834825_22e8b53bcf_c.jpg

Must have been about 200kg of wood as between 3 of us, we couldn't lift it or move it off the deck once the car was moved.

In the meantime, these badboys turned up as I wanted to stay with the 17s all year round now.

10756135853_04c305a633_c.png

10756133913_e482b32780_c.png

Nokian WR A3's on Lal B3N 's recommendation. The next model up has studs/spikes :approve:

10756042663_592a43cd18_c.jpg

Had them fitted to my old Rota Torques at SkidMarques in Brentwood this week whilst I was in Germany and I bolted them to the car this morning.

10755838934_13f48988ba_c.jpg

BurbleBus on the new winter wheel/tyre combo by TheEvilGiraffe, on Flickr

10755738725_ec60176699_c.jpg

BurbleBus on the new winter wheel/tyre combo by TheEvilGiraffe, on Flickr

Apart from that, I've left the protective layer of dirt over the top of the sealant to help combat the winter weather and it's ready to do combat with the cold stuff.

Bring it on :eek:

:evil:

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Superb preparation, bet you can't wait for it to get proper cold and for some of the white stuff to come down so you can exploit the rubber. Huge fun passing stranded cars with consummate ease.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Looks good :).

If its double skinned you'll struggle to get that dent out.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks good :).

If its double skinned you'll struggle to get that dent out.

We'll see...

Looks cracking mate, is winter going to be that bad then?

Don't make me find that crystal ball pic Scott......

Superb preparation, bet you can't wait for it to get proper cold and for some of the white stuff to come down so you can exploit the rubber. Huge fun passing stranded cars with consummate ease.

I had cheaper winters on the 16" standard wheels the last 2 years so I know what it's capable of ;) But yes.. can't wait !

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
A true dent guy will remove that to at least 95%.

Awesome looking bus. Love the last shot!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
TEG, if you dont have/know a good dent man then let me know and ill fire you over the guy who did my car number mate.

Also the reason I asked about bad winter was because my van needs front tyre's and I was wondering if it was worth getting a pair of winter one's.
They would have to stay on the van though as I dont have other wheels.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Thanks. I'll be in touch if necessary.

As for tyres on your van - can you not get a set of steelies from a scrappy !? Corsa van IIRC ? Must be loads of old steels kicking about...

I wouldn't put 2 winters on personally. I'd run 4 until April/March then swap them to 'normal' rubber. Any tyre place will swap them over for you cheap enough. Also with regards to it being a bad winter - winter tyres benefits start when it's 7C or colder over normal tyres. I won't blather on about them any more as I've said enough previously :)

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Awesome bus. Love this. Bad times on the dent :( You claiming on house insurance. At least it hasnt scuffed / cracked the paint.

Those winter tyres look like serious bits of kit. I want to see it climbing a near vertical hill in the ice ;)

I also love the fact you have a spare set of pristine Rotas to just 'throw' the winter tyres on. Hero.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
LOLz. I'll see what I can do :D It was fcunking hilarious last time when it snowed.

There's no point claiming on the house insurance. Fence needed replacing anyway. Dent will cost £50 to remove, tops ? If half the car had been smashed in I'd reconsider.

They're my old wheels.. I've only got 3 sets for it.

:coffee:

53 Clio's & counting
LOVE this car.

In fact every time I see a fecking thread i'm back on autotrader for another Scooby. I blame you.

Loving the winter tyres, with the 4WD you should be pretty much unstoppable!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Always the same Russ, everytime I see one or a picture!

Hankook Ic*ept and Toyo SnowProx combo.

got the Toyo's cheap from a chap on here, but need to flog a pair with low tread still.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Winter tyres in essex on a 4wd subaru..............

Car looks good on those wheels,shame about the dent.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
your right, i shouldn't! wagon looks cool as fook btw!

Cheers :eek:

It's currently utterly revolting. Done about 600 miles in the last week ! :eek:

Phone pics don't really show the level of hang that this is currently sporting...

Few pics from the new The Unit unit: Central London Breakout Division. Rob and I spent a few hours at this weekend doing bits and bobs.

11276842446_41475da09d_b.jpg

Untitled by TheEvilGiraffe, on Flickr

11276904283_1f3fda74ed_b.jpg

11276913563_ed965c2374_b.jpg

:evil:

53 Clio's & counting
Love the tyre mark in the last picture - must have parked it properly ;)

What suspension is it on mate? Tyres look close to the arches - looks awesome

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
There might be a video of the entrance on day one appearing on YT shortly :eek:

The parking brake miiiight have been used to aid parking, well observed :D

It's on BC Racing coilovers .. the fronts are spot on. The rears were raised about 15mm from how they came (all set up out the box - see other thread from a couple of months ago ;) ).

No scrubbing.. it's perfect. Properly properly perfect.