ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Winter Prep - What have you done?

E92 330
This is the first winter il be spening with my ph quick. not too sure what i can do to maintain the engine / body work through the winter months!

What have you done? Suggestions?

172 MKII FF
Good question, I would be interested to hear everyones comments, it is my first year with the 172.

I'm having two new front tyres on Saturday but apart from that what else can be done?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Warm jumper, hazard triangle and an AA membership?
Also, an alternative method of getting to work when it doesn't start!

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
Same as I did last year.....................I have bought another can of
de-icer. Not that it gets left outside ever.

VaVa
It's a Clio. Not a vintage classic lol. Although it'll get a regular spray off when the roads get really salty and shitty.

Best offo jacking the car up clenaing the underbody and undersealing it when its clean also remove the fornt and rear bumbers and wings and clean the areas and again seal them.

I just sort of lost control and covered the car in mud instead this year might try wash it some time but that about it might check the underseal as well.

VRS
not done much yet but today i had all the wheels off, gave the arches a scrub and dressing then cleaned the wheels inside and out before polishing and waxing them.

gave the exhaust a clean and polish underneath.

the inside has already had an over haul and the engine bay has been cleaned so just need to sort out the paintwork, that will be a full pcing in the next few weeks

opting for menzerna intensive polish and final finish followed by dodo juice lime prime and a few coats of collinite 476s (awesome durable winter wax)

will give all the rubber door shuts a bit of eisnett gumni pfledge to protect against frost as well :D

oh yea and most importantly i had new discs, lines, pads and fluid fitted last week and did a full engine coolant change :D

andy

Your all forgetting an oil change would be beneficial!! if you run thicker stuff for summer you should be thinking about changed to a cooler grade

Your all forgetting an oil change would be beneficial!! if you run thicker stuff for summer you should be thinking about changed to a cooler grade

Bit excessive but oil chnages should be done very 6k/6 months anywa.

Stock 10-40 is fine down to -20 degrees in the F4R engine 5-40 which many people use is ok down to -25 but realy is it ever going to get to -20 ie ever be an issue? Its not like we live is a massively pour climate.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
4 new PE2's and 182 cup-pack alloys back on to save my turinis lol

I've done the new wiper blades bit :)

I'm waiting for all of the 'winter wheels' threads from people :rolleyes: I could understand if people were running on chrome 22's or something, but standard alloys (or ones which didn't cost a lot) :nono:

ST
PC'd, sealed etc a week past on friday, wearing a coat of ONYX, all fluids checked and topped up, tyres have only done 3.5k so no probs there tho will prob live in the garage for the rest of the month...

Bit excessive but oil chnages should be done very 6k/6 months anywa.

Stock 10-40 is fine down to -20 degrees in the F4R engine 5-40 which many people use is ok down to -25 but realy is it ever going to get to -20 ie ever be an issue? Its not like we live is a massively pour climate.

yeah your right - i like to change mine like you say every six months or so so the beggining of the winter is a good time no? some older cars run thicker mineral grade oil so would probs benefit but with the 5-40 youd be fine :)

Mondeo TDCI 130
Well, today it started, wheels off, turinis have been washed inside, degreased and jetwashed in every wheel arch and as far underneath as i can get! proper wash on saturday, then gt_gaz has some winter wax shizzle for it, then into the shed in the dry, under some nice new egyptian cotton bedsheets for a while!!!!

Clio 172 mk2
I just do the usual...keep tyres properly inflated, fluids topped up and clean as much s**t from the arches as I can on a fairly regular basis to stop any rusting

E92 330
i right im doing the new tyre thing in Jan. wiper blades are done! might do an oil cange myself, not sure if it would do anything though, going to check my coolant too just to be safe!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I took mine to Wales Rally gb and got it completly covered in s**t :)

I always clean my windscreen and windows inside and out, as with the lower sun, any crud shows up more and makes driving harder.

/Mad

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
Rich, you wanna be ready for when it snows..keep the trickle charger on just in case