ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Winter wheels, who runs them?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Going for tracking tomorrow and having just got new tyres on my 2118s I'm wanting to run these. However it's not the best time coming into winter! I was just wondering how many people do run winter wheels?
I was just going to keep on top of cleaning my alloys and making sure they're sealed properly.

Advice?

RB Clio 182
I wouldnt bother mate, just seal/wax them and keep the salt and s**t off them, they will be fine if you keep on top of them.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I swap wheels all the time but yeah try to avoid using my 'pretty' ones over winter

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Im not really worried about the alloys over winter, like you say just make sure they are sealed and cleaned now and again. They will be absolutely fine come spring.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I have winter wheels - have done for years - but they have proper winter tyres on.

Changing wheels for the sake of keeping your other ones clean seems a bit tedious... It's a road car, not a priceless DB5.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
main reason I don't run my pretty wheels over winter is more to do with grit being flung up and chipping the paint tbh