ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wiper arm

Got a squeaky wiper arm on the passenger side, have removed the bolt holding the arm but it doesnt want to budge, even after soaked with wd40.
Is there a trick to getting the arm off or can i just pry it off?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I'd recommend one of these personally, I've used a few and these seem to have better purchase on the arm.
Screenshot_2016-10-04-08-05-19.png

Clio 172 Merc ML55
If they've not been off in a while you may have to be a little persuasive as the arms have a tendency to corrode onto the wiper linkage

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Yep, get a puller or a ball joint splitter. I struggled for hours with mine before getting the right tool, once I'd got that they were both off within 2 mins.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Got a squeaky wiper arm on the passenger side, have removed the bolt holding the arm but it doesnt want to budge, even after soaked with wd40.
Is there a trick to getting the arm off or can i just pry it off?
The passenger side arm is an fecker to get off - the two central mountings are always easy in comparison.

I've found in the past that having the arm raised first, alters the tension on the bolt and can sometimes make it easier to remove.

The passenger side arm is an fecker to get off - the two central mountings are always easy in comparison.

I've found in the past that having the arm raised first, alters the tension on the bolt and can sometimes make it easier to remove.
Cheers for tip mate, still no budging it, even tried with wiper arms facing top of the windscreen. Will get a puller and should hopefully pop off.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for tip mate, still no budging it, even tried with wiper arms facing top of the windscreen. Will get a puller and should hopefully pop off.
You'll definitely need a puller - I've never managed the passenger side without one. Even then, it usually comes off with a 'CLANG!' - lol.

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
I cracked my windscreen trying to lever the wiper off, all the more annoying since I had a a puller in the shed, I just couldn't be bothered to get it :rage:.

Get a puller :cool:!