ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wiper Mechanism Scratching windscreen????

RenaultSport clio 17
My front wiper motor went on my 172, so I have replaced the whole motor and linkage with a used unit from the scrappy, fitted it all no problem, however on reconstruction the lower parts of the arms were scratching two little semi circles at the bottom of the mywindscreen, so i whipped it out again tried to resit it, same problem. My conclusion was that the scrappy linkage was bent somewhere. So I have sourced a second linkage and fitted tonight, same problem! Stumped, any ideas much appreciated. Thanks.

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
Happend to me once I think mine was due to a circlip missing that raised it up a bit a friend of mine also had the same prob but he just bent it up a bit so it cleard the windscreen couldent notice it being bent tho but solved his prob lol

Haha yeah I was about to bend it but I noticed that the wiper mechanism was underneath the peg it is supposed to sit on , soon as I slid it onto the peg it now clears the windscreen. Thanks for the help