ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wipers

A well built VW
Had a discussion woth my mate today as my wipers are doing my head in screaching whenever i use them My mate told me he uses vinyl and rubber stuff by autoglym on his wipers and he said he gets a better wipe because of this and never gets a noise

Anyone else done it

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Try using some Rain-X on your windscreen. Need to use your wipers far less as the Rain-X acts like a wax and water justs flies off the window at 30mph+ and wipers glide over far better.

Wilkinsons do it for about £5 a bottle.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Rain x is good stuff driving in rain at night , over 30mph ish you don't need your wipers , halfrauds stuff is the same price but a bigger bottle .

Also tried this , when i AG super resin polished my car i did the windows , as well as lookin very clean the water just blew off similar to rain x :)

A well built VW
they are new blades !!! Wondered if this works as he gets a cleaner screen and he says he never buyreplacements as they last longer

RS 200
^^ Same here, AutoGlym glass polish the windscreen and glass, wipers move very smoothly and silently across the glass. Water on the side windows glides off more easily too with the wind.

Chris

A well built VW
r-jay said:
Polish the front screen and clean the blades with Autoglym Glass Polish here.

At last someone who answers the question Its safe to apply polish to theblade and does actually work - get some AG tomorrow Thanks r-jay

I've got that stuff in the garage. Didn't think you were safe to put anything on the wiper blades? Dunno whether to risk it or not as I do alot of driving for work and ca't risk wipers not working right due to speeds done

106 GTi
The Big Yin said:
At last someone who answers the question Its safe to apply polish to theblade and does actually work - get some AG tomorrow Thanks r-jay

The bottle used to say to use it to clean you screen and wiper blades. Will check my current bottle later.

I wipe the cloth I have used to apply the product to the screen across the blade, then wipe the blade again with another clean cloth. Works fine here,

You can also use vineger to clean them aswell... according to the Autoglass advert on the radio at the moment!