ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wire a new horn

Civic Vtec y0
Evening

Basically I am trying to fix a horn on a mk2 Clio 1.2. I have found the problem to be the wire between the back of the air bag and the roarty switch. I have spoken to Renault about this as I used to work with the and they said it can be soldered back on and it shouldn't be a problem however he said there is a chance the airbag could deploy (I am a jessy and don't want to take the risk)

So how would I go about wiring a new switch? Would I just wire a new switch from behind the fuse?

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
The way i would go would be find to trace the horn wiring from the button on the steering wheel to the fuse/relay (which ever it reaches first), then cut out this bit of wiring and fit a new switch and wiring to where the original wiring would of attached to the fuse/relay

Civic Vtec y0
So basically try and get the wire disconnected as close to the current horn switch as possible and just fire the new switch into there? I assume the circuit will still be earthed?

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
I'm not actually sure when it comes to the clio without looking at a wiring diagram but you should be able to tell if the wires running from the old switch will earth out at the same point as the new switch. But yeah just try to get as close to the original switch as possible to avoid fitting new fuses and that.