ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wireless choices

Best way to get wireless around most of my house?

Just moved into a 3 story 6 bed house, the routers in my room but need wireless in other rooms too. Downside is, it's that shitty Virgin superhub - anything futher that 10 meters away and it's dog shite. Not sure what options are best to extend the range. Anyone recomend anything?

Something Not French
In my old house, I bought 100m of CAT5e cable and made 2 leads up, cable clipped them to skirting etc. Not ideal, but fast.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Yeah Cat5 everywhere or if not ideal, those system that use the powersockets?

Edit: if you do Cat5 option PM me and you can have a load :cool:

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Best way to get wireless around most of my house?

Just moved into a 3 story 6 bed house, the routers in my room but need wireless in other rooms too. Downside is, it's that s**tty Virgin superhub - anything futher that 10 meters away and it's dog s**te. Not sure what options are best to extend the range. Anyone recomend anything?

You can use it as just a modem and have a better router if you need ​wireless.

Polo + Micra
i've got a dlink router pluged into my "super" hub(set to modem only)

the router is at the back of the house and i can get a signal about 15m outside the front of the house lol