ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wireless Modem Router HELP!!

Currently at home I have a Netgear DG834 v2 (non wireless) Router connected to a PC.

When I had a Apple iBook I wanted to use wireless so I bought a Netgear DG834G v2 (wireless) Modem Router. Set it up ok to the PC via cat5 cable like the old DG834 router, but when I tried to set up wireless to the iBook I was having problems, so re-set the wireless modem router etc, still nothing. Then it wouldn't even connect to the PC?? So I went back to the DG834 (wired) router and left the wireless on the shelf.

That was many months ago and now I've sold my iBook and bought a new Windows Vista laptop with built in wireless. So now I want wireless working again.... Just registered the DG834G v2 wireless router with Netgear online, but they say to return the product you need date & proof of purchase and I haven't got the receipt and can't remember where I bought it from?

I'm happy to just bin the DG834G v2 (wireless) because it's faulty somewhere and spent many hours trying to set it up, and just start again fresh.

So now I'm after a new wireless router modem to replace my old wired DG834 v2. I want something that is easy to set up and performs excellent on wireless.

Is it worth upgrading to 108mbps?? or just staying at 54mbps?

Any help or advice will be very much appreciated!!

Thanks

Some of the Netgear routers are dodgy.

I binned my dads and bought him a Linksys. Have not had a problem with it since.