ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless Networking



Those of you with them...what are you using? And how have you found it so far?

I'm currently using the new Rangemax from Netgear (router) and it is fantastic, the connection speed and quality is so much greater than it's previous. Really geekily impressed by it :D
 
Dear boy, I'm a mother f**king stallion, so unless you have anything to add with regard to wireless networking, get out of this f**king forum!

TOLD.
 
  UR 197, AB 182 FF
I've had several wireless routers over the past 3 or 4 years, from belkin, netgear, linksys.

We used to have this dog awful 802.11b combined wlan/lan/router but as it was hooked up to a linux server acting as our gateway it was ok.

Currently we run on a Linksys WSYS80211G or something similar and apart from the occasional glitch it has been great and every device we have tried connected to it with no problems (Pdas, pcs, PSP, DS, xbox over wifi with wireless bridge)

Only thing that bugs me about wireless really is that if you have more than one wireless ap in close proximity in your street, the channels tend to bleed over (funnilly enough what is known as broadbanding) which can kill your wireless range if you are set on the wrong channel since the G range "borrows" bandwidth from the adjacent channels (B mode)
 
  Mk4 MX-5, Smart 451
i use a netgear wgt624 and dg814, not a great setup, but it was a cheap way to get wireless and works a treat. (I already owned the DG814 before wireless was available).
 
  UR 197, AB 182 FF
jimmy_mac said:
Dear boy, I'm a mother f**king stallion, so unless you have anything to add with regard to wireless networking, get out of this f**king forum!

TOLD.

I would consider myself told if I knew nothing about wireless networking but I do, so TOLD :rasp:
 
  VaVa
I have a Netgear DG834GT. Never had any trouble with. Always super fast.

My BT home hub on the other hand is the epitome of gash in the wireless dept. lol.
 
  UR 197, AB 182 FF
Laingo said:
I have a Netgear DG834GT. Never had any trouble with. Always super fast.

My BT home hub on the other hand is the epitome of gash in the wireless dept. lol.

I did wonder actually how "good" their home hubs would be as their ADSL modems suck in the biggest way possible and their adsl routers come with the biggest piece of crap crippled firmware ever invented!!
 
MikeDX said:
I would consider myself told if I knew nothing about wireless networking but I do, so TOLD :rasp:

You were told dear, I asked you to add something constructive and you did, thank you for a very interesting post, you clearly have knowledge in this field :)
 
  VaVa
MikeDX said:
I did wonder actually how "good" their home hubs would be as their ADSL modems suck in the biggest way possible and their adsl routers come with the biggest piece of crap crippled firmware ever invented!!

I think the worst thing is you can't actually do anything with it either. Doesn't let me access any 'advanced' settings. POS.

And, back to back comparison downloading the same file from Newsleecher, using identical phone point, cable etc and the BT Home Hub is consistently 15-20kb/s slower! The wireess with the Netgear is spot on - fast and reliable. Tha home hub is all over the place and noticeably slower. Maybe it's just the way it's configured.

All I know is I'm glad that when I move out I take the netgear and leave the home hub!!
 


Top