ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wiring 2 amps

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
I have a 4 channel amp and a mono channel amp, and was wondering how i wire them both up would i need 2 wiring kits or just the one, it says in the manual not to bridge them, the mono will be running my sub and the 4 channel my speakers, also would 4 guage be suitable??

Ph1 172 + Combo van
how many watts are the amps? then someone will be able to tell you what cable size you need.

what you need to do though is run one fat power cable down from the battery to the boot. then you use a distribution block to split the power to the two amps.

3 rca leads.

2 earth cables or another distribution block with one fat length of cable and two other lengths to go to the amps.

and an rem lead then you will "daisychain" from one amp to the other ( i think that is right)

then just the speaker cables going from the amp to the speakers and the mono amp to the sub

vaux cavalier
DUAL4AWGEARTH.jpg

A quick sketch to show basic layout, ignore cable sizes and fuse ratings, simply use items suitable for yours...

Supply links to your amps and I will post what sizes/ratings you actually require...

I have two amps that i need to wire up , and I already have 2 wiring kits from a previous car , they are both 8 gauge and rated as 600w max each.

The amps i am installing is the apline mrp-F300 and is 4 channels at 50w rms max.

The second amp is an alpine mrd-m500 and is 500 watts rms at 2 ohm but am running a sub that is rated as 250w rms to 500 with 750 peak .

as i would be running my sub at 250w rms or bit lower i figure it would be ok on the 8 gauge wire i already have, but some of my friends think i should run it on 4 gauge to be 100% sure it is ok with any voltage drops or peaks in the music to stop the amp going into safe mode.

But i was thinking as i have a distribution block laying around would it be an alternative option for me to wire the two 8 gauge wires from the battery to the distribution block to mimic a larger gauge wire, then from the block short lengths to each of the amps, then from the amps i was planning to earth each amp at separate point.

would this be a better option then running the two separate kits from the battery one for each amp, and a alternative to me spending more money on a bigger cable?

Polo + Micra
one thing from that sketch wallop is that the earth from the earth distribution block to chassis should really be the same size as the main feed from the battery

Clio 200 LY/SV650S
Got three amps and 2x 4 guage and 1 x 8 guage running to boot and one to passenger seat(amp under it), well tons of cables but nicely tooked away! Well has to be really...

vaux cavalier
one thing from that sketch wallop is that the earth from the earth distribution block to chassis should really be the same size as the main feed from the battery

Good evening Mr Dink...

Well spotted mate. :cool::eek: