ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wiring 6x9's help :)

Jap Box
I have encountered a small problem when doing this but im stumped as to what it can be caused by.

I have wired all of the 6x9's up from the back with the wires going down the drivers side and hidden under the plastic seal.

How their wired from there into a RCA to phono lead adapter coming from the headunit pre-out for rear speakers. This is the adapter in question - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170525611062&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

It has wires for left neg, left pos, right neg, right pos, and then an earth wire :S which I didn't use.

The 6x9's will not power on as it is wired up currently, ive checked all connections and everything is tight and secure, only thing I can see to be causing the problem is the RCA to phono lead.

Would I need to buy a different adapter lead?

Thanks

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
youve plugged the rca to phono adaptor into ur headunit, then connected your speakers to the other end?

172 Flame Red '53
Yeah you need to use an amp to power your 6x9s. That converter you bought is for someone who hasn't got a pre-amp output on their head unit, basically the opposite way to how you are using it.

Jap Box
youve plugged the rca to phono adaptor into ur headunit, then connected your speakers to the other end?

Yes

Yeah you need to use an amp to power your 6x9s. That converter you bought is for someone who hasn't got a pre-amp output on their head unit, basically the opposite way to how you are using it.

Any ideas on what lead I will need for this? tried lookin but all I found was in-line convertors for splitting rear speaker audio to go to a sub.

Rusty Cup

^^^ Lol are you an amp salesman by anychance?

Does sound strange, have you turned the pre outs on? its the kind of problem thats easier to sort if your there rather than cluching at straws but there are only 3 possibilities either there is no signal coming out of the pre outs, the 6x9's are wired up wrongly, the 6x9's are faulty.

I take it you know the 6x9's work and you have tried different combinations of wiring up a speaker? then i would look into trying to prove there is a signal coming out of the pre out.

Jap Box
Just connect them to the rear speaker connection from the headunit

Which colour wires are they? I dont think mine has them as it didnt have rear speakers by standard and theers no wires going into the back.

^^^ Lol are you an amp salesman by anychance?

Does sound strange, have you turned the pre outs on? its the kind of problem thats easier to sort if your there rather than cluching at straws but there are only 3 possibilities either there is no signal coming out of the pre outs, the 6x9's are wired up wrongly, the 6x9's are faulty.

I take it you know the 6x9's work and you have tried different combinations of wiring up a speaker? then i would look into trying to prove there is a signal coming out of the pre out.

Fiddled with the sony settings for ages, couldnt find a way to turn the pre-outs on so I assume their on all the time, it has a setting for the sub pre-out volume but nothing for front or rear pre-outs

6x9's do work yeah, i could give it a quick try by plugging them into the front speaker wires to see if they work from them, I think it might be the RCA adapter though as now I read the description it says converts high level speaker audio to low level, which is for a sub?

I was lazy and took the rear speakers out, used that connection and ran the wires to my parcel shelf.

Not able to do that :(