ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wiring in an additional horn

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
hi all,

as above, do any of you know if this is a mess on or is it pretty strate forward?

cheers

Austin

1.2 16v clio
couldn't you just use the exsisting wiring and feed another wire of that? i don't see why you need to do a whole lot for an additional horn

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Really not sure mate. Dont have a clue about electrics at all. Id go to an auto electrician, just wondering if it would be a big/costly job?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Dan, it would require a box to be placed inside the car too, how would you get a wire from the interior into the engine bay?

Il be honest with you why i ask this. I know its very silly and immature, but im putting a horn in the makes animal sounds. It wont be permanant thats why i wanted to know if it can be added as an aditional horn and keep the standard one as normal.

1.2 16v clio
Cheers Dan, it would require a box to be placed inside the car too, how would you get a wire from the interior into the engine bay?

Il be honest with you why i ask this. I know its very silly and immature, but im putting a horn in the makes animal sounds. It wont be permanant thats why i wanted to know if it can be added as an aditional horn and keep the standard one as normal.

well you have a choice really make up the wiring your self and put a switch on the exsisting horn so you can turn off the animal and have the normal one or you can wire in the horn and have it on its own switch all horns are is a live feed and a negative with a switch mate :)