ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wiring in standalone ecu

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
I see more and more turbo conversions using aftermarket ecu's.
I'm running Megasquirt on my 9 atm so i do know how standalone works but i wonder how a standalone ecu get's wired in on a 172 or the likes.

I presume they can only be used alongside the original ecu because of clocks, comms with obdII etc.

Any insight?

Cheers,
Arthur

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
so basically you tap all sensor wires so the factory ecu and the piggybagged ecu get the signals, however the fuel supply and ignition get's cut off the original ecu and managed by the standalone ecu?
I have had contact with someone who has made a Megasquirt plug and play ecu for the 172 but don't know how and if it will work regarding the dash etc....

i don't have a 172/182/197 yet but i have played with the thought, that's why i'm asking this (it WILL be turbo'ed)

172 cup, Impreza P1
Mine is a piggy back setup on a Adaptronic ecu. The OEM ecu only controls the dash and the like but the fueling, ignition and boost is controlled from the Adaptronic.

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Thanks for the generous offer mate but tbh i'm al about DIY :D

Have been reading into it lately and think i'll give it a try.