ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wiring looms

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
I am going to use a clio 172 shell to build my next car. Basically I want to put the engine and running gear etc from my Cup into this shell, the question is, is there a big difference in the wiring looms or does the normal 172 just have the extra bits in it for the aircon, abs etc or do I just rip it all out and fit the loom from my Cup?
Cheers
Paul

I would also like to know this. No point buying a cup loom if its more or less the same.

Coming from a history of peugeot/citroens... Find that the main loom on most model is the same with "extras" being on sub looms. E.g my old 5dr 106 with manual windows... Plugs for the electric window switches present under console... But doors had basic loom with no provision for the windows

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
It's not like the above with clios. They are loomed usually speced to the car. Abs, heater matrix, heater box, aircon, will all be built into 172 ff loom

So a cup loom is going to have less then. I did think that may be the case as i know the manual heater panel fitted to the cup has different plugs compared to the ff climate control panel

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
yeah the looms for the heating are completely different. When i retrofitted climate control to my car I could only use one or two of the original heater loom wires.

@GrahamS

Is the heater the same.. Or did you have to change it?

Wanting to know if the electric motors that work the functions of the heater... Heat... Flow ect can be swapped out to the manual cup versions or if the whole lot has to be changed

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
@GrahamS

Is the heater the same.. Or did you have to change it?

Wanting to know if the electric motors that work the functions of the heater... Heat... Flow ect can be swapped out to the manual cup versions or if the whole lot has to be changed
Only just seen this sorry. Everything is different I fortunately. The heater box in the car and under the scuttle panel. If you strip the loom it's pretty simple though so shouldn't be too much hassle. As the looms for both types are risky available I would buy which ever suits

Cool mate. Ive found a complete cup loom... Everything from front bumper to rear bumper lol

Cars stripped out to be painted inside so may as well fit the cup loom while refitting. Looks like i need to add a heater box to my wanted list lol