ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wiring New Speakers

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™

Hola!

I am planning to fit 2 x 13cm Coaxials fitted in the back (each side of back seats). I am going to do it myself, because the prices that some people charge is a rip-off. I understand that I need to run the wires from the head unit at the front, to where the speakers are going. Can be done quite easy, as the wires will be tucked neaty under the doors, where to seat runners are, etc... But the question I got is what kind of wiring kit do I need? The Coaxials are 130watts each, so 260watts for the both.

I have visit both digitalsounddirect.co.uk and cel-direct.com but can only find AMP wiring kits, but nothing for speakers... :cry:

If you are just replacing speakers, you can use the existing wiring. Its a really easy job - all you need to do is break plastic off the end of the existing wiring and replace with some metal pins (available at Maplins).

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™

Quote: Originally posted by stan888 on 24 April 2005

If you are just replacing speakers, you can use the existing wiring. Its a really easy job - all you need to do is break plastic off the end of the existing wiring and replace with some metal pins (available at Maplins).

Sorry, forgot to mention that there are NO speakers / wire in the back. My new Clio only had 2 tweeters in dash, and 2 basic speakers in doors (passenger and driver). I have managed to replace the 2 that were in the doors, easy enough as the wires where already there. But fitting the 2 speakers in the back will be more difficult, because I need to do it from scratch!

Polo + Micra

all you need is some 16 awg:)@) from your local motor world would be fine and run it to what ever you are powering them off

[Edited by Dink on 4/24/2005 2:31:16 PM]

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™

Quote: Originally posted by Dink on 24 April 2005

all you need is some 16 awg:)@) from your local motor world would be fine and run it to what ever you are powering them off

[Edited by Dink on 4/24/2005 2:31:16 PM]

16 AWG? Whats that, and why the angry face? :(

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™

Hmmm im still confused about this :confused:. I managed to pop the CD unit out a bit, so I can see the wires in the back. There is 1 lead that is hanging off the back of the unit which is connected to nothing, and it splits to 2 connections. Not really sure what the connections are called (RCA I think), but they are for Front right output (Red) and Front left output (White) - but I dont understand this as the front speakers and tweeters in dash are already connected, via the wiring harness!

The speakers I want to connect are already supplied with speaker wire, and the connections 1 end simply clamp onto the speaker terminals, but the other side is simply bare wire.

What connections do I need in order to connect the speaker wire to these RCA connections?

Polo + Micra

you dont connect the speakers to the rca outputs on the head unit. you need to connect them to the rear outputs on the h/u in the ISO block