ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wiring up Surround Sound for TV/PS3

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Proper stupid questions but I'm useless with Gadgets.

Just picked a Sony Surround Sound System off a friend and quickly set it up and all working well,

I just need to know which cables I'll need so I can use it on Normal TV and for the PS3,

Sony System is a Sony RM-SS300R (Got it for £20 :D)

TV is a 37LG6000

I think he said I should have a cable in the packaging of the PS3 to get that to work but thats in the loft at my parents house so can it be bought elsewhere?

I'm hoping my TV has all the right Inputs and Outputs for it??

Cheers
Andy.

i cant find any info on that model number
optical from ps3 to the system and optical from teh tv or you will have to use 3.5mm jack from tv to surround if it only has one optical

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Sorry its an HCD-S300.......I just read what it said on the remote :eek:

Looks like this -

3B61E7_3.jpg

SONY-HCD-S300-5-1-RECEIVER__21886201_1.jpg

So what do I need and where do I plug it?? Sorry proper $hite at this stuff

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I've currently got a Cable going from the Video in the Monitor Out part going into the Video in the back of ther TV and that works for DVD's played in the Sony System.

Dirty E91
I think you might be stuffed.

All those connections don't seem very useful to me, especially if you want to hook up a PS3 to it, you need an optical connection at the least.

Did your mate say whay he got rid of it? Looks prehistoric to me I'm afraid, although someone else more qualified might come along and say otherwise.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Oh I know its fairly old I just hoped there may be away of connecting it up....If I cant then no worries at like i said it only cost £20,

He changed it for a more capable system a while ago I believe with individual Amp and Better Speakers etc.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
So if I just connect up the Red and Whites in say Video 1 to the TV then I'll get the TV through 5.1??

If its completely pointless I wont bother but if it will work I may aswell do it for a proper budget surround sound

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Video In or Out??

In I take it but just want to make sure.......Simple RCA Cable would work?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Wortha try if its inexpensive.

Just trying to figure out which cable I'd need for the PS3 if it would work at all,

Look right??
AV_Cable_For_Camcorder.jpg

Or am I best finding one from the optical port as there are 2 unused ports on the PS3 as currently purely using HDMI

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Yeah thats what I was thinking....Have to find the PS3 boxtomorrow when I go home.

Thanks alot Fella.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Do you not get something like that in the Box with the PS3??

The guy I bought it off believed there is a cable that comes with it that can be used, If not I'll order one of those

Octy VRS
The cable you posted is fine. That is how mine is set up from PS3 to Video in. Will only get stereo though. You have to split the output on the PS3, HDMI to the TV and audio to the surround.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
In the sound settings on the PS3 yeah?

I thought I'd need to do that but must remember to when I get the cable.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Fitted the PS3 cable last night and adjusted the sound settings and that works fine just need to sort out the Sounds for Normal TV watching now......Quick trip to Maplins and I should be good to go I hope.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Just plug everything into the TV and the then plug TV audio out RCA to one of the inputs on the surround sound. Most you'll get is Dolby Pro Logic or Pro Logic II. It'll be surround sound but not as good as using proper channeled 5.1.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Buy PlayTV for the PS3 instead, unless you have Sky etc.

Yeah I have that but I split the aerial so I dont have to have the PS3 on whenever I want to watch TV but you raisea good point and I might just do it that way.