ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Witch Induction kit?

mk2 ph1 1.2 8v (crap)
I'v got a 1.2 8v Mpi mk2, tranner get what bhp i can out of it i can. been thinkin about airfilters and induction kits, was told the pipercross viper wasunt all that gr8 can anyone recomend any good makes? cheers guys many thankz

G_T_M_2 said:
I'v got a 1.2 8v Mpi mk2, tranner get what bhp i can out of it i can. been thinkin about airfilters and induction kits, was told the pipercross viper wasunt all that gr8 can anyone recomend any good makes? cheers guys many thankz

dependant on money .....................itg maxogen best of the rest . but u cant expect 2 much for ur motor ;) stick 2 a panel filter imo

None
kullycliosport said:
dependant on money .....................itg maxogen best of the rest . but u cant expect 2 much for ur motor ;) stick 2 a panel filter imo

Same here I have a panel filter and a cold air feed made up my engine, which is the same as yours and it made a slight noticable difference, breathes much easier etc and works well with the other engine, exhuasts mods planned and on the car

mk2 ph1 1.2 8v (crap)
panels gonna give better results then? will it be as loud tho? what make panel filter wud u go for? maxogen? dunno if one fitts my car god knows how there fitted :S

None
Got a K&N in mine. ITG are highley recommended. Dunno if you can get them for your engine tho. Panel filters dont really make much difference in noise. You might here it a little bit if your doing about 6k revs but nothing special tho

mk2 ph1 1.2 8v (crap)
shame about the sound but my exhaust and manifold will hopefully make up for that, ITG panel filter it is then, if they do one for my engine. god knows how its fitted tho iv got wires commin out of my air in take.

My God, what do you think you are doing.

From the syntax you want power & noise. You will not get anymore power whatever. Want the chav noise have the open kit as a closed doesn't give the power let alone noise on a

Nothing power wise either way. Or, annoy everyone else, with noise???

Tough one????????????

None
G_T_M_2 said:
shame about the sound but my exhaust and manifold will hopefully make up for that, ITG panel filter it is then, if they do one for my engine. god knows how its fitted tho iv got wires commin out of my air in take.

What manifold are you getting??

mk2 ph1 1.2 8v (crap)
honestly havent started to look at manifolds yet, im well confused now both from posts and from just taking off my currunt air box lol. My plans for the car wur get it up to 90-100bhp (was told i cud do this) by changeing the manifold, air filter, exhaust and chip it. thort ied start with the air filter first.

None
Well im in progress in doing something similer to my mk1 ph3. You will need alot more than what you have listed. Pm me if you want more details/help :) if your after a filter for now I would recommend searching for an ITG replacement one or a K&N replacement one. Then you can make a cold air feed from modding the existing pipe

G_T_M_2 said:
honestly havent started to look at manifolds yet, im well confused now both from posts and from just taking off my currunt air box lol. My plans for the car wur get it up to 90-100bhp (was told i cud do this) by changeing the manifold, air filter, exhaust and chip it. thort ied start with the air filter first.

tough 1 , save ur money and buy a quicker car :S

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
buy a quicker car thats all you ever hear on this place.

and the guy who says your not going to get more power from an airfilter on a 1.2, pish made a difference on mine.

mate id say go for it, 100bhp might take a bit but you'll get 90bhp no problem.

get yourself a pannel filter for your standard airbox, then get a cold air feed for it, if you want more noise drill a couple of holes in your airbox as long as you do it before the filter.

get the manifold, decat, cat back exhaust, get your cylinder head skimmed so it runs a higher compression, bigger injectors, if you want to go really far with it get your crank, Conrods, pistons & flywheel Lightened & Balanced, its mega bucks to spend on a 1.2 but if you want to do it go for it.

strip the car so its as light as possible, get big brakes and updated suspension on it, will be rapid for a 1.2

Martin_89 said:
buy a quicker car thats all you ever hear on this place.

and the guy who says your not going to get more power from an airfilter on a 1.2, pish made a difference on mine.

mate id say go for it, 100bhp might take a bit but you'll get 90bhp no problem.

get yourself a pannel filter for your standard airbox, then get a cold air feed for it, if you want more noise drill a couple of holes in your airbox as long as you do it before the filter.

get the manifold, decat, cat back exhaust, get your cylinder head skimmed so it runs a higher compression, bigger injectors, if you want to go really far with it get your crank, Conrods, pistons & flywheel Lightened & Balanced, its mega bucks to spend on a 1.2 but if you want to do it go for it.

strip the car so its as light as possible, get big brakes and updated suspension on it, will be rapid for a 1.2

would it really worth spending all that money though .??

yes i'd recommend it 2 ...........but how much money u willing to spend .

None
It will cost alot of money to do. My manifold cost me over £300 as had to get it from Germany. Without going to off-topic does anyone recommend anyone whos good with fuel injectors?? You will also need some cams to get it up past 90bhp. Cant say much else as its not been done before with this engine and I havent got that far yet with mine lol

mk2 ph1 1.2 8v (crap)
I'll get it up to 90 then. but spending loads, budjet ant a problem but it ant really ant wort it for a 1.2 if i takes that much lets face it. I'll go with 90, find the parts i need for that then ill have to get something like a spitfire and start restoreing that :) no transverse engine or half shafts to worrie about then, easy to work on... Thanks very much for your help guys. ill let ya know when its 90 :)

G_T_M_2 said:
I'll get it up to 90 then. but spending loads, budjet ant a problem but it ant really ant wort it for a 1.2 if i takes that much lets face it. I'll go with 90, find the parts i need for that then ill have to get something like a spitfire and start restoreing that :) no transverse engine or half shafts to worrie about then, easy to work on... Thanks very much for your help guys. ill let ya know when its 90 :)

how about an engine transplant , av heard of 172 been put in:eek:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
if you spend the cash you can get 100bhp, dont know what reliability would be like but should be ok.

even 90bhp though, thats the same power as a phase 1 saxo VTR which are nippy because there so light, strip your clio and it will be even lighter

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
I thought 'witch' was going to be some kind of new air filter i never heard of...