ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

With Payday Coming Round...

Looking to spend a fair wedge of it on my Cup...

Its mainly suspension orientated parts im interested in changing.

Looking at replacing my lower arms and balljoint with powerflex bushes all round, and my top mounts also.

Been looking at front and rear strut-braces also, how do people rate them? And looking at putting a set of lowering springs on the cup also, is it worth it? Any improvements in handling or am i wasteing my money. I also heard through word of mouth also about the Trophy having a sachs suspension set up? How true is this? And how much better/worse is it against Cup suspension?

What other things are there that you guys recommend for suspension... Really im looking at a fast road/odd track day set up, so nothing pure race spec...

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers
Nick

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
if for track use, get brakes sorted. Then seats + coilovers! Sod the other bits. New seats have a much lower position and driving the car is mucho betterer

Brakes £200 ish poss more
£850 for coilovers
£5-600 on seats

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
if for track use, get brakes sorted. Then seats + coilovers! Sod the other bits. New seats have a much lower position and driving the car is mucho betterer

£850 for coilovers
£5-600 on seats

+1

I found good seats & coill overs transform the clios, i felt full fixed buckets improved my driving more than the coillys... each to there own though but the standard seats are shite for spirited driving, you have to sort of wedge your legs between the door & gearbox surround lol

Yea getting a set of buckets will be on the list, but as for coilovers, ive owned a set before, a set of fully adjustable avos for my old mk1 hybrid. Didnt rate coilovers at all! I know that you need them setting up, but i personally thought that a decent set of shocks and springs would be just as good, seeing as im not fussed by going low! Handling over looks is the way for me!

What do you mean about gearbox surround?

Nick

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

£850 for coilovers
£5-600 on seats

Holy crap where are you getting those coilover prices from? I'd be expecting to pay at least half that...

320d

£850 for coilovers
£5-600 on seats

+1 very good advice.

Rear Struct braces do nothing. Except look good if you have it stripped out.

£850 for coilovers
£5-600 on seats

When you say "Get brakes sorted" what do you mean by that? New discs and pads?