ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wobbly Under Braking

Clio 182FF
Greets,

I'm finding my 182 to be wobbling when I brake hard or when I accelerate hard it pulls to one side somtimes. Also when I hit a pot hole in the road etc... the wheel moves a lot. Is this normal on the Clio RS's?

I'm having my rear axel shimmed and also the tracking etc... redone tommorrow, but do this wobbling sound like a problem with shocks, tyres or?

Help :(!

Clio 182FF
They're going to check my shocks tommorrow too.

I'm just trying to find out if there's anything else I should be checking.

I have 2 Michelin pilots on the front (still a bit left on them) and 2 s**t make tyres on the back (car had them when I got it) - would that make a difference? Timmay commented my rear tyres where CRAP when we met up - but I already knew this, just need to get some cash for new ones.

Clio 182FF
I believe so yeah since I only had it done a few months ago but the rear wheels were slightly out so they said they could shim the rears to sort that which is what they're doing tommorrow - then they we realign the front wheels after too.

Was going to get them to check shocks, pads and discs too.

Black 172
I've got the same problem as you Shadow, trouble is I dont even know what shocks are and what to look for! Thought it was just the Clio character!

Clio 182FF
This is my third Clio and even though this is a sport unlike the past two, I wouldn't have thought this was normal. It strange!

The shocks are part of the suspension, they're not the spring but the tube like part.

See:
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2793

They're known to fail on Clio 172/182s but when Kwik-fit had a quick look at mine they said they were ok!

AK

M240i
The tyres on the back won't make a difference as it's your steering wheel that's wobbling, so it's something to do with the front wheels.

Check discs, pads etc

that's what renault blamed mine on when it went in for warranty work!

2002 Cup172
do your anti-roll bar bushes

as you all know renault and anything made of rubber are not a goog mix.

they are trash so get some powerflex ones in down there and it'll sort it.

i had mine done a couple of weeks back coz it started darting all over the place, and hey presto all fixed and alot cheaper then other options.