ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wobbly Wing Mirror Lens/Glass

1.2 dynamique
Heya guys and girls,

I have a problem with one of my wing mirror lenses.. i had a search and i can't find any threads related to it...

My passenger side wing mirror lens appears loose, it shakes, making is almost impossible to use when driving down motorways... I don't want to just push it hard incase i snap it.. i thought i would enquire about how the lenses are attached to the mirror? as i need to tighten it and i don't want to break the lens..

It's on an 2005 54 plate dynamique if that makes any difference? they are electric mirrors...

Any help appreciated..
Many thanks,
Alex
:)

M140i
Mines a bit wobbly too, just havent got asroundo to lookin at it yet, hopefully popping it off and back on will sort it :)

1.2 dynamique
Mines a bit wobbly too, just havent got asroundo to lookin at it yet, hopefully popping it off and back on will sort it :)

How does the lens actually attach though? i did'nt want to simply pull it off or push it on to find it is screwed/glue on for example..

Thanks,
Alex
:)

Clio 182
Both of mine wobble! ... was going to sort them when I first got the car but never got round to it.

I was worried when I first started driving it that they were going to fall out, it seemed bizaare that they shook so much! But I guess I've kinda got used to them wobbling all the time and they haven't fallen out in the two and a half years I had the car! So unless it's really bugging you I'd just put it down to another of the Clios little niggles! Don't ya just luv them :)

Ian

Focus TDCi
They clip on with a baseplate, but both my attempts at getting them off have resulted in cracked glass.

The recommended method (I believe) is a flat-head screwdriver at top centre of the glass and ease it off, but I guess I'm being heavy handed.