ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Won't start after gearbox change

Hi, all!
Over the past few days iv'e been changing the gearbox on my Ph2 172.
It's the biggest task Iv'e ever attempted so took me a little longer than normal!

Basically, Iv'e now got everything plugged back in and bolted up only to find the car wont start. The immobilizer, STOP, oil and battery lights stay on solid. It would turn over to begin with but now it wont do that.

Anyone have any advice on what to take a look at?
Cheers, Cory.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
It'll be something you have done, it always is.... Go through everything unplug it and check the connections and reconnect.. I'm not sure where the clio picks up the signal to fire at tdc, fly or cam either way it could piss on your chips..

Your immobiliser may be at fault, but was it faulty before? Chances are no therefore rule out everything out and make sure that's right before pulling anything else apart..

Only once have I seen an engine go back in and not work due to a tdc lead failing.. Every other time, human error..

Good luck