ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WooHoo! Insurance Renewal! Savd £'s

Golf R soon...
Currently insured with Elephant and paying £115 a month with wheels and exhaust declared!

Just renewed with Greenlight with all mods declared for £74 a month!

Happy days!

Thanks to Neil for quote! :D

Daz

Golf R soon...
I think it was Darren I spoke to actually! Nice friendly, helpful person :approve:

Elephant were annoying when I rang them to cancel my insurance with them, tried getting a better quote for me, that got to £92 a month, I said no thanks, can I cancel please, he said, so you would rather pay more for your insurance :S how does that work out then! He was really cheekie actually!

LY V6 with Recaros
Elephant were the same when I tried to cancel, they knew there was no way they could beat my quote, but they were still trying to get me to stay with them if they brought the price down a little bit - which was still nowhere near my other quote! Why would I want to pay £400 more!

Golf R soon...
Elephant were the same when I tried to cancel, they knew there was no way they could beat my quote, but they were still trying to get me to stay with them if they brought the price down a little bit - which was still nowhere near my other quote! Why would I want to pay £400 more!

I got the renewal through the post about a week ago and if I were to renew with them they were only going to save me £80 a year, takes the mick. Soon as I phone them up and say I am cancelling they come down £20 a month with no real pushing at all really

direct line 4 years NCB £369 on a 172

Wow! That is a good price! How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? My guess is your 24-25

Mondeo STTDCI
TBH, I have heard a couple of moans and groans about Greenlight when claiming. Sometimes the cheaper premium is worth it.

Ford Mustang 5.0
TBH, I have heard a couple of moans and groans about Greenlight when claiming. Sometimes the cheaper premium is worth it.

It wont be us mate it would of been the insurer, as the broker we don't pay or handle the claims.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight

ITB BG 182
i cant wait till i have to re-new my insurance an go to greenlight as they quoted me £650 with all mods atm an im paying directline near to 1200, so when that ticks over it will be off to gdi yozza an most prob angel works so i can have some car treatment done.

ITB BG 182
:rasp: Directline 3 years NCB £550 on a 182 and im 21:rasp:
Just seen your post.... Im 25 26 in may and got 3 years NCD with 4 years driving an all upgrad'd alarms an immob but still they want £950 as standard or 1200+ with the noted exhaust IK an tints.

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
:rasp: Directline 3 years NCB £550 on a 182 and im 21:rasp:
Just seen your post.... Im 25 26 in may and got 3 years NCD with 4 years driving an all upgrad'd alarms an immob but still they want £950 as standard or 1200+ with the noted exhaust IK an tints.

I dunno how these jokers work tbh, when i tried getting a quote from norwich union and i told them about my quote from directline they laughed at me.

iam now with greenlight, bell wanted £1288 for 10 months rang to cancel said they could knock £100 off lol,
now with greenlight for £980 for 12 months iam 21 (182).

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
Last edited:
  Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
Thats only been going for about a year, if that.

If you read the article it explains how all the named drivers histories are saved on their system therefore allowing you to claim up to 5 yrs ncb when it comes to doing your own policy.

"Your named drivers’ no claims histories are automatically stored on our system, so when they come to apply for their own policy they simply need to give us your details online or on the phone and we can identify them immediately, at which point they will be able to receive up to 5 years' No Claims Discount on their own policy."

All that I had to do was enter in dads details from when I was a named driver on his policy and it worked out my quote at £550, so i guess it would only be that cheap with 3yrs ncb instead of 1yrs ncb.