ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Woohoo....nearly here.

Clio 197
Spoke to the dealer today and my car is in Southampton.

There is a block on it apprently while they fit the spoiler and do some other stuff like PDI etc. (not sure what that means but they assured me it was normal) and I need to call them back Tuesday for possible delivery end of next week/begining of the week after.

Annoying thing is, I ordered my car nearly a month before the wife ordered hers and hers turned up today.

PDI is a Pre Delivery Inspection where they check the condition of the vehicle before releasing it to you. It's checked in the Docks and then delivered to your dealer who complete valet and any dealer fit options. Good luck what colour are you getting?

Clio 197
PDI is a Pre Delivery Inspection where they check the condition of the vehicle before releasing it to you. It's checked in the Docks and then delivered to your dealer who complete valet and any dealer fit options. Good luck what colour are you getting?

Sorry, probably the way I worded it. I know what the PDI is but when they told me it was "on hold" I paniced a bit but was told it was normal as I was having the spoiler fitted which gets done at Southampton and not the factory.

Spec wise I am getting :

Clio 197 full version in nimbus
Cup chassis
Extra tinted windows
Cup Spoiler
Cabasse stereo upgrade

I did look at the Recaros, but after all the problems I am seeing on here I thought the Renault seats looked great.

Its going to be my daily commute car (only 25miles round trip to work) and I am coming from a Jeep Cherokee 3.7 V6 getting around 18mpg.

Clio 197
Well, I see Renault's customer service hasn't changed since last time I bought one of their cars.

Little update.

I called the dealer today as they requested to be told the car has now been delayed until 25/7/08.

How long does it take to fit a spoiler, do a PDI and get the car ready for a customer?

I asked if it could be chased and was told they would send an email but it wouldn't do much use.

So the car is sitting in Southampton with a "block" on it, has already been there a week and they are saying it's going to take another week and a half before I even hear anything.

Wish I had gone for the Type R now, I could have had that in 3 weeks, this has now taken 7 with another week and a half to go :dapprove:

Mountune Tractor

'PDI' or 'rag around the dockyard car park as I like to call it'.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
If they have said there is a "Block" on the car this wont be to do with the spolier being fitted.

A "Block" is the term RUK use where a car is delayed due to one of two reasons - Technical fix needed or Transport issues, Cann RUK Customer services rather than the dealers and see what they have to say, the internal computer system "RUK02" should tell them where teh car is and whats going on.

Clio 197
If they have said there is a "Block" on the car this wont be to do with the spolier being fitted.

A "Block" is the term RUK use where a car is delayed due to one of two reasons - Technical fix needed or Transport issues, Cann RUK Customer services rather than the dealers and see what they have to say, the internal computer system "RUK02" should tell them where teh car is and whats going on.

Thanks for the reply, I will try giving them a call.

I wouldn't have minded but they were really cagey as to why it was blocked, and just seemed to push it to being the spoilers fault.

The girl was really good last week when she told me to call back today, but then today her attitude changed, she wasn't rude, just wasn't helpful at all.

Clio 197
sounds like she hiding something

We will find out.

Just got off the phone from RUK Customer Services who are going to put a trace on the car and find out what is happening.

Said whe will call me back latest tomorrow.

Keep your fingers crossed this gets it moving.

I am probably being impatient, but when I know it's just sitting there and I could be driving it, it's really frustrating :eek:

Clio 197
Got a call from the dealer yesterday, the car will be with me on 25/7/08.

I can't wait after seeing the pictures of the Nimbus R27 in the other thread, looks absolutely stunning.

Only thing I am still not sure about is the cup spoiler, will have to live with it now as its been fitted :eek:

I guess I saw the spoiler and a little bit of "boy racer" came out in me.

I will post pics up as soon as I get a chance.

Mini Cooper S sport
Looking forward to seeing the pics, Nimbus is a great colour. It'll be worth the wait once you're sitting behind the wheel :)

Got a call from the dealer yesterday, the car will be with me on 25/7/08.

I can't wait after seeing the pictures of the Nimbus R27 in the other thread, looks absolutely stunning.

Only thing I am still not sure about is the cup spoiler, will have to live with it now as its been fitted :eek:

I guess I saw the spoiler and a little bit of "boy racer" came out in me.

I will post pics up as soon as I get a chance.

You'll love the spoiler ;)

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
You'll forget all about the long wait the first time you get to the twisties hehe ;) Like you, I wouldn't be too happy about all that block stuff - I'd be worried something bad had happened that they had to sort before it got to the dealers.

I think you made the right choice with the seats, I have them in the R27, and to be honest I prefer the standard ones. I kind of wish instead of the R27 I'd got a Nimbus or Red normal 197. I'd want the grey wheels and red calipers though so I'd need the Cup chassis heh! Actually, no, I'd have the Cup chassis - but with the polished Raider wheels. And that leather with stitched triangles they do as well on the interior.

Dan

Last edited:
  Clio 197
Got It!!!!!!!

Turned up today at midday on a trailer direct from Southampton.

I then had to go to work at 1.00pm so took it for a quick drive just to fill it up with petrol.

I will get some pics up over the weekend......I think it was definately worth the wait :)

Renaultsport 220T
Will have to keep an eye for you, as you are local.

Enjoy your new car. Will you be running it in, or ragging it in?

Clio 197
Will have to keep an eye for you, as you are local.

Enjoy your new car. Will you be running it in, or ragging it in?

Undecided yet......everyone seems to have different opinions, but I might do a little of both, just make sure its warm before I rag it ;)

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Step one, make sure it's nice an warm, drive for at least 15 minutes I'd say, keeping your revs variable, no long times at fixed revs - apparantly this is bad, no idea why, probably just b****cks, but what harm does it do to vary your revs?

Step two, give it death and beat the living s**t out of it :D

Dan