ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Word of warning - OE05 GGU

Inferno 182
Hi guys I just wanted to put up a post warning people about the inferno orange Clio 182 I just sold to a dealer, I sold it cheap as it had issues. The car is now back up for sale with no mention of these problems (I would like to apologise if the new owner has had these fixed in less than a week) but with it having problems I would like to warn anybody to be cautious when viewing the car as you would with any used car.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
It might help listing the problem's.
Id also like to think that the problems would have been fixed by the garage, just because they haven't listed the faults doesn't mean they have not been addressed.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The CS population are unreal.

So the garage are good enough for you to take money off them, but now you're out to sabotage their business?! With absolutely no evidence that they have done anything wrong at all.

S4 Avant

So the garage are good enough for you to take money off them, but now you're out to sabotage their business?! With absolutely no evidence that they have done anything wrong at all.

​Conducting business over a forum is a minefield. I still don't know why anyone does it.

Ad

MK2 FRS

100% agree.

What the OP is saying is that he bought an Inferno 182 that "GOES LIEK A GO KART ON RAILZ AND STEROIDZ", but didnt anticipate actually needing to service it (cambelt, oil - you know the stuff that chavs skimp out on), so he's just sold it to a garage (unlucky them).

​Amiright?

Mini Cooper S sport
What was wrong with it? It's entirely possible the garage has fixed the issues or is fully intending to before its sold.

PB172,dci100,dci65
Strange readings on here.
The OP does say he sold it cheap, but does not say if he has told the garage about the faults (we even dont know what faults).

And most of you hope for the worst scenario...

Strange readings on here.
The OP does say he sold it cheap, but does not say if he has told the garage about the faults (we even dont know what faults).

And most of you hope for the worst scenario...

it had the following issues,

1) petrol on red light
2) tyres only at 23psi
3) 1/4 dustcaps missing
4) no screenwash remaining

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
The OP is clearly a unit for even considering starting this thread lmao.

​/popcorn

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

I saw this, then thought of you, lol.

BG 182 FF
I love the fact he is moving out of the country just like everyone else selling a car with a problem.......

Realllllly? :quiet:

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Advert on gumtree says its mechanically perfect so OP was trying to rip people off if he know of problems.

What a twunt.

clio 182 cup
hi mate,

I have just bought the car oe05 ggu. I have looked and saw you put a word of warning about it. The guy i bought it off had only had it a few months and came out with it was to much to run. So i didn't think to check on here, bought it last Sunday and the engine blew up on Tuesday...
Just wondered if you could tell me what was wrong with it when you sold it so i can repair anything on top of a new engine.
Cheers,
Harry

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
I don't think you'll get a reply unfortunately. Doesn't look like he's been on the site since he started this thread.

RB 182
just out of interest if this creek without paddle kind of situation or could he possibly seek help to try and reclaim his money? I never have and never hope to be in a situation like this but its always good to know...

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
182_bean When you said "blew up" that's just a generic term for anything from a leaky radiator to a conrod exiting the side of the block. More details needed. What happened, how; what it's like now etc. Just drop another engine in it though if it's completely shat it's pants on the road.

clio 182 cup
182_bean When you said "blew up" that's just a generic term for anything from a leaky radiator to a conrod exiting the side of the block. More details needed. What happened, how; what it's like now etc. Just drop another engine in it though if it's completely shat it's pants on the road.

I was driving it spiritedly, changed into third gear and it felt like it went into limp mode. looked in the rear view and I saw smoke and bits flying out the back.
I wasn't going mad in it and wasn't revving the balls of it either, so thought maybe the cambelt had snapped or skipped a tooth. looked in the exhaust and saw bits of metal in it. turns out the cambelt hadn't snapped but had dropped a valve, which in turn shattered and sent metal all the way round the engine. it has cracked the head, scored the cylinders and there was metal in the inlrt manifold.
so im about to get a rebuilt engine from fred at btm :D
just wanted to know if anything else was wrong before I fix it?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The only external factor that might effect the valves, is the map.

Check its not had a ktec map on it as these seem to be particularly bad for running lean which can cause this sort of failure.

Other than a bad map though, its just the luck of the draw, the valves arent very well made and sometimes do fail.

clio 172
I thought u was taking piss when u posted u had purchased it and it blew up but now I see its yout profile pic:eek:

clio 182 cup
I thought u was taking piss when u posted u had purchased it and it blew up but now I see its yout profile pic:eek:

haha yeah It's pretty unfortunate man, wish I was :cry: but im going to get the new engine asap, phoned up and they're getting the prices and then im going to go ahead with it as other than the engine and the poverty interior, it's a lovely car! :race:

or as far as I know...