ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Worried about my car being stolen

Clio 182
Tonight some dodgy looking bloke was snooping around my car having a good look. My stepdad was going out in the van and surprised this guy. He also had his car paked behind mine, a blue astra 5dr hatchback, reg number N598PVC.

Anway when my stepdad seen him the bloke looked and quickly got in his car and drove around the corner. So my stepdad followed him and waited behind him to see what he was doing. The bloke then decided to drive off and my stepdad followed him again and basically drove around local roads knowing he was being followed. The dodgy guy then pulled into a new housing estate, and turned his engine and lights off and just sat in his car. My stepdad stayed with him watching him for about half an hour then got fed up and came home.

This guy is obviously upto no good and im now worried he maybe trying to steal my car. I cant see my car from the house and its quite dark where it is. I dont have anywhere else to park it. I live on a very quiet housing estate where normally there is no bother.

My stepsisters boyfriend is a traffic policeman and we gave him the registration and he said he cant do a search on the plates. But he will keep any eye out 4 this car.

Im crapping myself about my car being nicked and cant relax, dont know what I can do.

Sorry for the long post

BG182®
that sounds dodgy m8 set sum bear traps up to catch the beast lol. u dont by anychance live near The Green do you?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Any chance of leaving the car at a friends or so?

Sounds very sus someone hanging around. Maybe just an oppertunist looking to see whats in it etc... (take valuables out!)

Or hes part of a more serious organised team which in anycase if they want ur car more then likely they shall have it at any cost.....

Just be on the look out, parked very far from the house?

Clio_Smart
Sorry to here this mate must be horrible to have this done to you.

It aint the fact of him just knicking it he knows he was being followed so may do some minor damage to it becuase he was proberly pi**ed off being followed no where you can leave it.

Do you have a girlfirend cant you stay round there tonight.

But what use is it your going to have to leave it where its normally parked sometime.

Sorry Dude :S

Sounds stupid but make it difficult to steal, chain through the alloy and round a lap post, block it in with your step dads car etc
Or my favourite -wedge a kitchen knife/ or the biggest one you can get facing upwards under the drivers seat!
What about wheel clamping it?!

Clio 182
Thanks guys, me and the mrs split a few months ago and I cant really think of a friends house who i'd feel safe leaving it at. It would be ok at my grannies but she lives 2-3 miles away and thats not really ideal having it that far away.

Ive taken all my valuables out but rarely leave anything of value in the car.

Its parked maybe 50yards from the house but cant see it as the car parking bit is like a culdesac at the side of the house. I have a Cat1 alarm immobiliser fitted but still doesnt make me feel any better.

Cant see me getting much sleep tonight

VRM N598PVC
MANUFACTURER VAUXHALL
MODEL ASTRA GLS TD
BODY TYPE 5 Door Hatchback
COLOUR BLUE
FUEL TYPE Diesel
ENGINE SIZE 1686 CC
DATE REGISTERED 13/10/95
FORMer KEEPERS 4

Well its an old tech oil burner so you may hear him coming.

Clio 182
Was gonna move my stepdad's van and try to block the car in but would cause obstruction and block my neighbours garage. hopefully the garage is getting cleaned out after new year and it will be going in there

ST
Sounds stupid but make it difficult to steal, chain through the alloy and round a lap post, block it in with your step dads car etc
Or my favourite -wedge a kitchen knife/ or the biggest one you can get facing upwards under the drivers seat!
What about wheel clamping it?!

In this PC nanny state we live in the law would probably make out the person doing this would be the criminal!!

Was gonna move my stepdad's van and try to block the car in but would cause obstruction and block my neighbours garage. hopefully the garage is getting cleaned out after new year and it will be going in there

Just inform the Neighbour, im sure they wouldn't mind, especially if you took them for a spin. I know that the old lady next door to me keeps an eye on my car because she knows its my pride and joy!

BG182®
Thanks guys, me and the mrs split a few months ago and I cant really think of a friends house who i'd feel safe leaving it at. It would be ok at my grannies but she lives 2-3 miles away and thats not really ideal having it that far away.

Ive taken all my valuables out but rarely leave anything of value in the car.

Its parked maybe 50yards from the house but cant see it as the car parking bit is like a culdesac at the side of the house. I have a Cat1 alarm immobiliser fitted but still doesnt make me feel any better.

Cant see me getting much sleep tonight

OMG! u live like 2 minutes from me. i live over the over side of the bridge by the culdesac. i always see your car, looks a minta mate.

Clio 182

Just inform the Neighbour, im sure they wouldn't mind, especially if you took them for a spin. I know that the old lady next door to me keeps an eye on my car because she knows its my pride and joy!

Il be letting the neighbours know tommorow and ask if they will keep an eye out, they are usually pretty good around here though but we have never had any bother around here for years

RB 182 Cup
my sister had this with her car in birmingham. she has a porsche boxster and 1 night we were watching tv and heard her alarm go off so we ran outside and a car sped off, bout 3 hours later at about 1am she looked out the window at it and theres some werido about 20metres away crouched by another car watching it!! called the police which didnt drive past for about 1 and a half hours which bye the time he saw us looking out the window at him and he ran off and went!!! she stayed up most the night and nothing else happend :( i know how you feel it was f**king dodgey! some silly c**t hanging about after whats yours but dont know exactly what he'll do to get it! scarey really :(

Clio_Smart
Well i know it sounds silly tyler maybe tomorrow really early in the morning clean the garge out and then park your car from then on its worth a bit of graft to make your car safe from any type of damage then if he comes back he wont know where its gone and maybe wont bother again.

Mini Cooper S sport
If you have a garage I'd be getting it cleared out TOMORROW and making sure the car's safely locked up out of sight every night. That's where mine is, I'd never have all my junk in the garage and my ££££ car on the drive!! As for tonight, if it gets nicked it gets nicked, that's what insurance is for.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Go to your shed get a piece of wood , hammer some 4 inch nails through the wood so they stick out the other side, place the wood on your drivers seat then cover with a sheet. That will f-u-c-k his day up if he returns.

Clio 182
If it was upto me id have the garage emptied now and the car would be in there asap. But its full of my stepdad's gear, he's a builder and were getting our extension built at mo so all his tools like a cement mixer etc are all in there. He promises me it will get emptied when the extension is finished.

I cant relax knowing my car is out there and he could be snooping around, gonna check it again

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Take the battery out of it, no chance of driving it away then (leave it in gear), leave your glovebox open and take everything of worth out the car.

Only way its going then is low loader (noise) unless he breaks in (Pro, no noise and he wants it, end of...Common criminal, noise and rolls it away.

Probably after your bumpers or wheels though.

If you can chain your wheel to you step dads

RB 182 Cup
Take the battery out of it, no chance of driving it away then (leave it in gear), leave your glovebox open and take everything of worth out the car.

Only way its going then is low loader (noise) unless he breaks in (Pro, no noise and he wants it, end of...Common criminal, noise and rolls it away.

Probably after your bumpers or wheels though.

If you can chain your wheel to you step dads

i dont think the bumpers would fit on a nova or corsa :rasp:

tiTTy & SV650
disconnect the power to the fuel pump.

there's a wee black bit under the rear seats, pull it out and unplug.

job done

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
What i used to do on my corsa was unplug the wire from the drive by wire on the back of the accelerator pedal, not sure if you can do that on the clio though.

1.2 16v clio
end of the day if hes good hell have your car wotever you do, if hes some little chav hell set the alarm off and you will go out with a bat and kick the s**t out of him.

Clio 182
Right thats the car secured the best i possibly can, hopefully it should be ok tonight. Il try doing that tommorow night thanks Rory. I think the car may be alright tonight but I have a feeling he will come back tommorow or through the week. Im gonna inform all the neighbours tommorow morning and ask them to keep an eye out for this dodgy guy.

Thanks for the replies

David

Clio 182
And ive got my bedroom window open so if my alarm does go off, il hear it. I dont care how cold il be with having it open. My keys are going to be under my pillow tonight

If it was me i would take it to you grans house i leave mine at my dad house in a garage and he lives the other side of town i would keep it out of sight for a bit and they should move on

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Interesting story,

So what happened mate?

You live up Bedlington don't you? My ex used to lives up there. Loads of little scroaty chavs kicking about.

First night I left my old VTS parked there I had the 16v badges nicked. I only went inside the house for an hour. When I come back they'd been stolen.

You don't know Neil Tyler do you?

Mini Cooper S sport
So was it still there this morning? Tell your stepdad to hurry up and get that garage cleared out! Can't he put the cement mixer in the back garden under a tarpaulin? You could tell him your car's worth more than all his tools and crap put together!

Clio 182
Car still here this morning, had no bother last night, hoping with my stepdad seeing him he might just forget it, but chances are he probably wont.

Yeah I live in Bedlington Chris, its normally alright down this end and ive never had any problems before last night.

I have a cousin called Neil Tyler, I dont really have much to do with him or know him well. If his dad is Jim Tyler its more than likely my cousin. Im gonna try and think of somewhere else to park tonight, my grans is a possibility but with me at work tommorow would be a problem getting down there to my car in the morning

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Try not to worry about it mate.

It'll probably be alright. The guy will know you have his reg and probably think better of it now.

If he's after a 182 to order he'll probably look for another.

Sounds like Neil.

MKIII 138
my sister had this with her car in birmingham. she has a porsche boxster and 1 night we were watching tv and heard her alarm go off so we ran outside and a car sped off, bout 3 hours later at about 1am she looked out the window at it and theres some werido about 20metres away crouched by another car watching it!! called the police which didnt drive past for about 1 and a half hours which bye the time he saw us looking out the window at him and he ran off and went!!! she stayed up most the night and nothing else happend :( i know how you feel it was f**king dodgey! some silly c**t hanging about after whats yours but dont know exactly what he'll do to get it! scarey really :(

want em to react quickly tell them you think they have a firearm

No more clio's for me!
Stake out with a baseball bat ;)

Oh and disconnect the fuel pump under the rear bench, that will stop 'em driving it away. ;)

If he sniffs around again phone the police and report him as a suspicious person. They'll come out and turn him over, find out what he's all about.

not completely realivant but when loads of dirt bikes where getting nicked near me, my mates dad linked his up to the electrics so it had a rather large current running through it, needless to say if any tried to nick it they would have probaly died.... ha