ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

worrying water temp

just got the valver back :D its now leak free...however the water temp seems to permanantly sit on the 2/3rds mark, even travelling at 30mph or so. it always used to sit 1/2 way b4 and creep upto 2/3rds just in traffic. When i was sitting in traffic for a couple of mins it was halfway between the 2/3 and top mark and still going! I switched the engine off out of fear. Is this normal? And what can i do to sort it out? Cheers

Does the fan kick in at all after the 2/3rds mark?

Mine normally sits at half way, then goes to just after 2/3rds, fan kicks in and then its back down! But when I bought it the fan wasnt working and it went right up to top mark! Same with my mates, check they havent snagged the fan connector first...then all I can suggest is coolent flush, thermostat change!

Danny