ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Worst mod on a ph1: remove mid-silencer [video]

172 RS Ph1
I thought removing the mid-silencer on the OEM system would make a difference in sound... well it doesn't! So anybody thinking of this mod: save yourself the 50 pounds and spend it on a new cat-back system, just like i should have done :(

Any advice on a good cat-back system? It must be stealth, i want a nice deep rumble and it can give a crispy sound on real high rev's (4.500 +). K-tec stealth or Yozzasport make any good? It must not be too loud as a daily driver tho!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX_hVBry-_4

Last edited by a moderator:
  106GTI / NovaC20LET
yozza all the way! they sound amazing! i recently removed my decat for mot and its really not that loud anymore, although that could be just because im used to it been outrageous lol. However car doesnt seem anywhere near as punchy now :dapprove: it has effected the response quite badly so will definately be going back on :rasp:

172 RS Ph1
I'm on the search for a video of both of those systems.

Can we say the Supersport Ktec and Yozzasport both have the same sound level? (w/o decat, the cat will stay on in the first place).

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I have a yozza sport exhaust and if im honest im not a huge fan of it as i feel the sound it gives off is more "JAP" style but just for the looks and build quality of it im going to keep it and hope i get used to it otherwise im going to go back to teh standard system

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
The Yozza i have is for a 182 and looking at it from under the car its very smart and very very well built and fits like a glove.

As i drive a V6 with a huge filter im more used to engine roar and not exhaust. I think it will take time when i start driving the car as i aint been out in it yet due to paperwork and weather.

172 RS Ph1
Found a vid of the Ph1 172 with just the K-tech stealth system on. I think it's the normal system, not the race, and with cat:

Not loud enough yet.. :dapprove:

172 RS Ph1
Yeah ive just noticed the BTB video's! Looking for a vid of those too (outside the car, drive by or acceleration)

Cheers jack

172 RS Ph1
Another one:

Thanks for suggesting BTB jack, they are on top of my list for now.