ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Worst Modification?

clio 182 'full fat'
headlight lashes wins this hands down..........look
careyelashes08.jpg

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
At the minute loads of chavs seem to have monster energy stickers slappes in any avalible space and even k.block in rear 1/4 windows

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
At the minute loads of chavs seem to have monster energy stickers slappes in any avalible space and even k.block in rear 1/4 windows

I've seen more and more cars going for this 'Monster Energy' look in the last month. Big decals on the bonnet, down the sides in green...... Awful

Clio 172 Cup
Nürburgring stickers when they've never been anywhere near the place, or even left the country in they're car.

Clio 182
funny thing is through my years of drving i have done most of the things in this thread lol, stickers, neons and a sunstrip and s**t wheel trims on a 1.2 8v corsa lol, loud exhaust stupidly low rover 1.4 lol its only when i moved onto fast cars e.g. the 206 gti and the cupra i grew out of the making my car look like sh*t lol

i personally think it is a right of passage for all new car owners when thier 18 - 19 and so on to go through the stages of modifing thier car with loud exhausts etc you need to do it to get the experiance so you know never to do it again lol,

funny thing is we will look back in a few years and half the mods you do now which look mint will be seen as poor or gash lol such is the way of life its all part of the fun!

there our cars so we can do what we want to them nut boy do i regret so of the things i did to my cars :(

regards

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
I've been guilty over the years...

A. Putting an inline switch into the brake light circuit, so I could flick it off when racing hoping the clown behind would end up in a ditch...
B. Spraying the who'll cars trip with hammerite...
C. Airhorns
D. Cherry Bombs X 2
E. Spraying rear lights to darken them - with standard paint
F. Over-Powered Rallye Headlamp bulbs, without relays

Loads of other natty crap I did as a Kid, that long ago though, DVD's were still to be released!

05 MK2 Clio Extreme
dont see why people are disliking on a nice sound system, nothing wrong with good audio!

Clio 200 Cup
jap graphics on european cars
stickers that say 16-valve or V6 etc
blue sidelight bulbs
badly painted brake callipers (you know who you are)
brake calliper covers
'roll call' list of various audio brands plastered down the leading edge of each door.
seat belt pads
aftermarket gear knobs
anything that has 'POWER' written across it
chrome battery covers - wtf are these all about?
colourful silicone cooling hoses - cooling hoses should be black and black only
them stainless braided hose covers, fitted badly (just go and self harm in a dark corner would you)
bonnet bras (if you are too poor to fix stone chips then read above)
body kits of any kind
huge wheels
badly fitted huge back boxes
twin 6" tailpipes on a hatch back (just crawl under a train and die would you)
small number plates (only ok if you promise never to whinge when plod stops you)
lexus lights on anything other than a lexus
blue side repeaters (just stab yourself please)
imitation roll cages (just buy a real one ffs!)
richbrook tax disc holders
pointless chrome trim run along the edges of panels and doors
chrome
IMITATION CARBON FIBER that actually looks like lots of badly printed squares (you should be boiled alive)

I should probably stop now.

I used to work at Halfords and I still haven't fully recovered.

Clio 182
jap graphics on european cars
stickers that say 16-valve or V6 etc
blue sidelight bulbs
badly painted brake callipers (you know who you are)
brake calliper covers
'roll call' list of various audio brands plastered down the leading edge of each door.
seat belt pads
aftermarket gear knobs
anything that has 'POWER' written across it
chrome battery covers - wtf are these all about?
colourful silicone cooling hoses - cooling hoses should be black and black only
them stainless braided hose covers, fitted badly (just go and self harm in a dark corner would you)
bonnet bras (if you are too poor to fix stone chips then read above)
body kits of any kind
huge wheels
badly fitted huge back boxes
twin 6" tailpipes on a hatch back (just crawl under a train and die would you)
small number plates (only ok if you promise never to whinge when plod stops you)
lexus lights on anything other than a lexus
blue side repeaters (just stab yourself please)
imitation roll cages (just buy a real one ffs!)
richbrook tax disc holders
pointless chrome trim run along the edges of panels and doors
chrome
IMITATION CARBON FIBER that actually looks like lots of badly printed squares (you should be boiled alive)

I should probably stop now.

I used to work at Halfords and I still haven't fully recovered.

I bet you feel better now lol

BMW 330D
That matte black vinyl wrap that makes the car look like a chalkboard. I see a lot of audis and golfs with it and i really don't see the attraction.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Black 172
The worst mod possible has got to be a show cage. Pathetic on so many levels. A bonnet spacer which makes the car look like it's been in front ender is a close second.

Black Sheep
That looks awesome.. Hang your head in shame

+

f**king love the list of an ex halfords employee.... Although seat belt pads. I used to own the blue rip speed ones:eek: makes me laugh now but at the time I thought they were mint. I had blue neon bars in the foot wells to, cringe worthy now! but when you are 17 and they are shining down on your rip speed pedals it was sheer p**n:race:

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
For me i hate body kits...

mohave_1_f.jpg

kombatevo_1_f.jpg

But the thing i hate the most is these grills for the RS!!!!

c2_bonvent_1_f.jpg

Just my opinion though.

SG9 Forester STi
Agree with Bonxy about those grilles, urgh.

Oh and monster stickers seemingly being on every car Jap or not. Hate those.

The most common s**t mods I saw at Trax were

"bang tidy" stickers.
"Every day I'm shuffling" stickers.
"VTEC This" stickers.
Monster energy stickers.
Rotas.
JDM wannabe tow hook toys on anything no matter what land of origin or whether it was bone stock or not.
Cack scene stickers/badly executed stickerbomb's on otherwise standard cars.

Because the stickers are s**t. I'll have one made with "dephaser this" or "99 problems but a dephaser ain't one" shall I? ;)

clio 172 cup 2003
re. fake roll cage went to argos and bought an outside garden table chrome legs. put the seats down chucked it in the back upsidedown .went to work everyone thought i had fitted a roll cage ..mind you i did work nights then so it looked it in low light .. lol