ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Worth doing? Or new car?

Clio dynamique
1579199020300398602806587362234.jpg

It's a 53 reg 1.2 dynamique.

Clio dynamique
Oil leaks are now an MOT failure..? f**k me :rolleyes:
According too this guy, first I'd heard of it as well ngl, chap used too work for renault over in Suffolk, so I'd hope he sort of knew his way around these cars, didn't even want too quote me for the work... guess it's a scrap job🙄

Clio dynamique
So thinking of it further, I know it's a 1.2 but surely there's track days or comps for that size engine car? Might be worth using the car for that instead of scrapping it? Car actually has full service history and engine is pretty sound except the leak, what do you guys think?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Oh dear. They all drop oil so that doesn't hold out much hope! 😂

Jokes aside, mine has leaked for ages and mine always passes.
Yep mine too, I just gave mine a good clean up before taking it. I think it would have to be a fair leak and a picky tester to fail one

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Yeah needs to be a drip.

A light misting of oil or something on the sump and every car in the country would be failing left, right and centre.