ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

worth taking rear seats out?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Doing a trackday a week Saturday and have been thinking about removing the rear seats. Couple of questions, worth it? And is it straight forward even for someone like a spaz like me to do lol. Cheers.

'03 172, E39 M5
Wouldn't bother, personally. Waste of time for the (v.small) difference it'll make. Oulton's a great track, you'll love it :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Seeing as you cant record times at track days, there's no point.

Thats not the reason im doing it. I was just wondering if i did take them out wether i would notice any difference. That and i reckon the noise would be pretty good lol

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Not worth it but shouldnt take you to long assuming the bolts come out as they should do, had to snap one of mine off in the track car.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Top weighs abit, the bottom is pointless. You won't save f**k all weight really though. I assume your spare wheel is out?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Think i will tbh just for a laugh. Yeah spare wheel will be left in the garage like last time

Listerine & Poledo
ah right.

Whip out the parcel shelf and drop the seats then.

for the sake of a few KG, you might notice a difference, but for the agro, I'd say it's not worth it.

Besides, as a learning experience to help you know your cars limits in the real, best to carry the same weight as you would if you were just going for a drive.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Gonna remove them on Sunday in work. Then put them back in on Monday when it has driven me mad lol. I leave myself open for insults but will removing the seats have any affect on the noise test i get at oulton?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Gonna remove them on Sunday in work. Then put them back in on Monday when it has driven me mad lol. I leave myself open for insults but will removing the seats have any affect on the noise test i get at oulton?

Yes there is no doubt in my mind that you will fail without the rear seats.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Just what i expected lol. I was like should i or shouldnt i ask. I know its a daft question i just had this idea that it would be louder, dont ask me why. I need a day off :dead:

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I don't like the handling with the seats removed. It felt like the back end was just hopping round like a trailer (more noticable on twisty crests and dips on b-roads).
It feels much more controllable and progressive with the seats left in imo. I know its not a huge amount of weight but on standard trophy suspension I could feel it.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah thats kind of main reason tbh lol. Will let you know what a decatted omp sounds like:race:

MK3 GTI golf 16v
loud. lol, i had the rear of my car stripped out with a straight through cat back,no silencer or back box but with the cat and it sounded amazing

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Not if you're doing the one trackday no, if it's going to be a track car regularly yes.

Seats are easy to take out, just have a torx set and a breaker bar handy for the isofix bar.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
It won't be a regular trackday car but if there easy enough to take out, they will be easy to put in afterwards. Yeah I'm guessing it will be loud. Had the rear seats down a couple of times when I had the ktec fitted and it sounded spot on.