ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wots the fastest clio in the world

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

ok, obviously the mk2 ph2 v6 is the fastest STANDARD clio in the world, but wots the most powerfull/fastest modified clio out there?

NO CUP JOKES PLEASE!!!!!

[Edited by S2 PTH on 05 June 2004 at 12:21am]

thanku fatboy.

but unless ure an english teacher then id rather u answer my que instead of correct my grammer!!!!!!!!!!:D

Volvo S60 T5

The supercharged V6 Mk1 I saw at Thruxton must be up high in the list

Who owns it?

I only earwigged a conversation but it sound the dogs at 320bhp

320??? thats pretty nuts but surely they can get more outta that 3.0litre.

mind u, 107ish bhp/litre aint that bad!

Quote: Originally posted by S2 PTH on 05 June 2004

320??? thats pretty nuts but surely they can get more outta that 3.0litre.

mind u, 107ish bhp/litre aint that bad!
You could make more depends how much you want to spend. 320hp is only about .6 bar boost. Since you can get turbos upto 3.5bar boost and more from custom one and since the normally aspirated V6 could get over 315hp without turbo then theortically you get get over 800hp from it but you would need loads of bits changed I dont think the manifold would hold that or the block, rods, crank etc so your talking about needing a custom engine almost.

Sounds like its MikeT car the one you on about but its got (at the moment ASAIK) astock box so hitting the limiter is the same speed as a normal car.

I think 165mph is about the limit achived in throttle bodied 172.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

That car was stunning. transmission they used was really clever.

Bit f**king unstable at that speed tho, will have to dig out the vid, Im sure Ive got it on this pc or my laptop.

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Are there any Ice Racing Clios?

Those guys normally get some horrendous power out of there cars.

yes me too, id like to see a clio do 192mph! very fast moving blob!

u think their gonna bring the v10 out with the next clio model?

Quote: Originally posted by aaronc on 05 June 2004

the twin engined williams would have been interesting
Its been done. The back seats were replaced with the engine looked very good.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Hi Edde, yeah i know but never saw it running, had some pictures on an old server somewhere.

how did they run that then?

front engine front wheels, rear engine rear wheels?

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

Dimma Clio Cosworth surely must be up there, dont know if it was a modded engine but even if it wasnt itd still be well fast. Sold for around 10k last year didnt it?

how did they run that then?

front engine front wheels, rear engine rear wheels?
Nope front engine drove the left hand side wheels, and rear engine drove the right hand side wheels

:p

^^^^^ Fool

So i guess the 172 engine drove the right side of your car and the nuclear fission drive sorted the left side, eh roamer?

Lol a V10 clio. Should be as fun as the V6 Twin Turbo im planning.

Quote: Originally posted by wackojacko on 06 June 2004

Lol a V10 clio. Should be as fun as the V6 Twin Turbo im planning.
Will a V6 fit in the CLio easily Im guessing so as a similar sized V6 fits into smaller Corsa engine bays so the more spacious Clio should be fine. I always think it would be a good transplant engine as it has 210hp stock the V6.

Id want a twin engined V6 dci personally tunned to 350hp per engine (huge boost you would need to keep smoke away) in a stock looking car.

Sorry not had a chance to check for the vid of the V10, fecked my ankle somehow last night and been layed up in bed all today. Will hopefully find it tomoz.

Lots of Alfas

NO CUP JOKES PLEASE!!!!!
What about the Clio Cup racers, 190bhp and 6 speed, surely these must be the fastest clio round a track.

how about the rallycross v6 clio, that is gonna b rapid, cos rallycross cars r built for acceleration rather than outright speed!