ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

would a 2.0 cliosport engine fit in my 1.2 16v clio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Yes, but the fact is it'd cost a lot more than selling yours and buying a 2.0.

Seeing as the sport's look better in standard form there's no real point.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
You make no sense. Try to imagine the cost of getting said engine, replacing your engine, fit all the other gubbins needed to at least make your car safe, the extra cost of insurance over a standard 2.0l....

Hmmmm I think getting a 2.0l to begin with will be massively cheaper.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
doing it properly you need engine loom box shafts ecu brakes suspension. and as for a cheap one your not looking hard enough

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
read this thread (all of it) then ask is it worth it.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...ersion-Questions.&highlight=engine+conversion

the only reason you would consider a conversion should be if you can do it yourself. my car is engine converted however i got my friend to do it for me.

real world costs :

donner car £950
labour £500
belt kit £200 ?
then your talking what parts your going to change when your swapping everything over.

i changed all the bushes £200
bought cheep coilovers £200
braided brake hoses £50
then you have all your oils etc £100 +
theres more than that as well i replaced put away another £200 for other stuff

then mine had a problem when everything was fitted, got that fixed tracking done mot all in that cost another £300

then 4 miles into my first journey the power steering pump shat itself witch destroyed a belt/pully and the pump.
so its going to cost me another £4 - 500

ive made some money back on the non sport parts i didnt use maybe around £5 - 600

all in thats around £2600 - 2800

but thats just geting it running, what about the other parts you want to buy for it. i have ended up buying a lot more for it, decat/rarb/exhaust just to name a few things.

so it becomes rather expensive. buy a 172/182 a good one ;)

my thread if you decided to do the stupid thing: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?568782-Project-s**tbox-172-(In-Need-Of-A-Good-Tidy-Up)

The search function is really good on here you should use it, i found what i was looking for in less than 30 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.