ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would a cage from a 197 fit a 172?

172 CUP
As the title states. I've found a cage but it has come out of a 197, would this fit in my 172 or will it be too big?

Cheers

172 CUP
It's a Genuine Clio Cup Cage... Here's some pics

T2eC16ZHJIYE9qUcOuT9BQLgnBbHw60_12.jpg

T2eC16FHJG8E9nyfmGmKBQLgkJTpg60_12.jpg

T2eC16NHJHIE9nyseHTrBQLgpnYOw60_12.jpg

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Depends what you're caging it for. The link you posted looks fine for more 'show' type cages, but i'd be wanting a stronger one for more track / race focused activity. The guy in your link does do higher quality / stronger cages as additional options, but the cost rises to near OMP / Sparco costs I believe when you do choose them.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
It comes down to piece of mind then. The link you posted has plenty of debate in as to whether you want to chance it or not, so I won't repeat it. I'll be getting a 'proper' one in mine, on the basis I'll be tracking mine quite a bit in the next few years, so my logic is I'll pay for something designed to help me in a crash, not risk it doing the opposite in order to save a few pounds.