ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would it be worth...

Exhaust has been making some noise for the past few weeks and im finally going to check the full damage out tomorrow. However looking at prices for the full system/hangers/fittings its going to be an expensive one.

Would it be worht patching things up - ie getting new hangers/fittings and sorting out the old exhaust untill it compeltely falls off of just let it putt away untill it falls off and get everything at one?

Am i causing any damage to other parts by letting the exhaust rattle about a bit and blow?

cheers

53 Clio's & counting
To be honest from my experience with Renults, if they are blowing then the exhaust will be fooked, get it up, have a look matey, it might be a small blow that you can fix temp, but unfortunately thats usually not the case

Is there any home made type hangers? Im sure last time i looked under at them they looked pretty messed up. Is it worth getting all blue peter with the cable ties? Or will it not be worth it.

Anything to delay the whole job and keep things a little more quiet down there.

Hada look and the far side hanger is nothing, as the middle. I cable tied the arse out of the rear ones and it looks a little better. There are however a few holes in the back box but its not as bad as i thought. Center section is pretty rustyas is the attachment to the cat. Hopefully it comes off easy enough when it gets changed.

so new ktech/janspeed next month i think.

Yea im looking to get it done asap depending on funds.

I take it im not causing any other damage to other parts of the exhaust? nothing is that loose that it should effect it.